[Stable Update] 2018-10-25 - Linux 4.19, KDE Plasma 5.14.2, Xorg 1.20.3, Gnome 3.30.2, Deepin, Grub

update
stable

Just boot from CD, install timeshift, select backup device and restore. Timeshift installation for boot cd: sudo su, pacman -Sy, pacman -S timeshift

that sounds too easy :slight_smile:
thanks for the reply - I will do so

I did that 30 min ago for my unsuccessful upgrade

This is odd. I’m constantly updating the #bladebook and my local development machine. Never had those issues at all. Please check if your harddrive has some hardware defect.

I seem to have lost my wireless card after the update. LTS kernel. Writing this from a lan cable

The network manager icon disappeared from the XFCE panel.

You may want to downgrade the firmware:

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/linux-firmware/linux-firmware-20180825.fea76a0-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

Atheros QCA9377 not working after updating

Seems to have fixed it by moving to the newest kernel from the LTS

@frog, @tmorehen, can you test if removing version 6 helps? I’m sure this is the offending patch.

sudo rm /usr/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-6.bin /usr/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/notice_ath10k_firmware-6.txt

sudo pacman -U https://manjaro.moson.eu/pool/overlay/linux-firmware-20181026.1cb4e51-0.1-any.pkg.tar.xz

VM (libvrt) does not autostart after upgrate. Running without problems when it is started manually. QEMU log message:

getaddrinfo(0.0.0.0,5900): Address family for hostname not supported
failed to initialize spice server

Manjaro XFCE updated with no problems same as for the previous updates (I did the updates in tty before I login and get in the DE).
Also I got a grub.conf.pacnew and a pamac.conf.pacnew I think, should I ignore them ? I assume is because of the new features you mention in the OP I just wanted to make sure it’s safe to ignore them :slight_smile: .

I have the same problem. Also tried. the --overwrite and same result.
Can I ignore this update? grub 2.03.0-12 is working fine.

Hi @philm

The update crashed last time during the kernel update in pacman, this time during the firmware update. The 2 machines I had no issue with run Nouveau and Nvidia 390. The machine that 2 of the 3 last stable updates killed runs 340 which is really the only difference in machines.

I was able to save the last unbootable issue using chroot, finishing the update and reinstalling grub. This time no such luck. I finished the update using chroot but grub-update does nothing and lib errors scroll. I tried to reinstall all packages using the wiki but the result is everything is already installed so nothing updates.

The errors on boot are libsystemd-shared-239.so can’t be found. Smartmon doesn’t show issues with the hard drive and the previous update took.

Thanks for your help. 6+ years using Manjaro and this has me stuck.

What do you mean by it crashed during update? Did the download broke or did your system froze and you did a hard-reboot? I’d no issues what so ever with updates on my development PC and the #bladebook I’m testing with every update I do.

The update froze the machine in during the pacman -Syyu in terminal with about half the update still to do. This is occurs during the installation of the updates, so all updates had been downloaded. I did a hard reboot and got a similar screen to [Stable Update] 2018-10-25 - Linux 4.19, KDE Plasma 5.14.2, Xorg 1.20.3, Gnome 3.30.2, Deepin, Grub so I proceeded to chroot and fix the issue.

Edit: ran pacman -Qk and shows no missing files.

Edit: ran ldconfig and shows all packages as /usr/directory/program.so is empty, not checked. This seems to be what is preventing boot.

Seems the files still exist in /usr/lib but the .so.X.X.X file is missing where it links

[Testing Update] 2018-10-27 - Bootsplash-Themes, Firefox, Nvidia, JDK11

Same issue during this and privious update. Was fixed by restore from timeshift backup.

worked perfectly! thanks a million!

Currently using the 4.14.78-1 LTS. And now I see a lot of new versions but not LTS.
It’s better to wait for a new LTS version?
Is recommend to use some of new non-LTS versions?
Any news about a new LTS to be released?
Regards
(Edit. sorry my cat is running on my keyboard)

Thanks for the reply but I’ve never used Timeshift. Will pointing it to my hard drive reinstall grub etc without a Timeshift backup to source from?

Already released: linux419