[Stable Update] 2018-10-19 - Kernels, KDE, Xorg, VB, PHP, Mesa, Nvidia, Pamac

update
stable

It just means Phil has yet to list the packages updated. You can upgrade without worry.

What’s the point of uploading updates right now if it’s considered not ready to be applied?

XFCE with kernel 4.14. Everything was fine except it gave me an update failure false alarm at the end.

Everything worked fine in the update. The only thing I’m having trouble with is the smooth bootup.

It only shows me a black screen instead of the manufacturer logo, but it boots fine. It also shows me an error message before showing me the log in screen.

“ERROR: resume: no device specified for hibernation”

This didn’t showed before.

so I guess you guys are waiting 4.19 to officially release Illyria?? Can we expect some updates to manjaro software or will just be another update??

Since it’s rolling release, it’s weird for me to see Manjaro versions.

Smooth update as always, great job guys, best linux distro.

The versions corralate to ISO releases, nothing more.

Thank you [she mumbles through a mouthful of Bunnings’ cement, whilst staying in the shadows to avoid melting].

Ah oops, I’ll build them right now, sorry seems I forgot that … :grin:

Sometimes I do an unannounced stable update to create install images. The warning is in the video. Normally nothing should break. As @oberon mentioned, we still have to add some small fixes to this package set.

It is always good to wait for a full announcement of changes. I had a long workday yesterday and an announcement takes time to summarize all changes made.

If I don’t fix d time to do so TBD announcements appear for a while. Brave may update.

The missing nvidia drivers for rt-kernels are updated now.

Thanks for the explanation… and for the nice work !

I am such a coward! Gonna wait! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

running manjaro i3wm on a dell XPS 13 9350.

Kernel: 4.9.134-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc 
  v: 8.2.1 Desktop: i3 4.15.0.1 Distro: Manjaro Linux

the update went smoothly, except for some minor graphic errors in the i3bar at the bottom right corner:
s1

edit: after a window has been shown in fullscreen mode, the “error” disappears

not start from this update

Am I reading this right and is… is this for real?.. :man_facepalming:

Not sure what you exactly mean, but the affect is not that severe as it sounds. Because the openssh server is not affected. It is just the library for third party tools, so they can have ssh capabilities. They mostly used it as a client not as a server. If you use only the normal openssh daemon your systems were never vulnerable by this bug.

I’m wondering that how the new swap area work? For example If you choice hibernate, will it use only for hibernate, or sometimes it will work difference? Is this about priority? Also I’m wondering, what will be the swap areas to already installed ?

Update went through flawlessly, thank you Manjaro team!

No errors here, update went smooth.
LXQT and XFCE with Kernel 4.19.

I had some keyring issues

:: File is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

I couldn’t install anything, but solved it by following these instructions