[Stable Update] 2018-10-08 - Kernels, Gnome 3.30, Cinnamon, Deepin, Pamac, SPL/ZFS

update
stable

thank you.
I install it/dbus-x11 now.
and reboot.
It does not improve.

Did it uninstall “dbus” ?

it was automatically uninstall.
now.

Thanks, I’ll be more aware of the package versions.

There appears to be an issue with deleting files in the Atom editor, it looks for gvfs-trash and fails. Running atom from a terminal with:

ELECTRON_TRASH=gio atom

Fixes the issue.

Same problem here, And it seems that is the qt 5.11.2 problems.

Bug 399053 - Noticeable stutter when opening applications after upgrading to Qt 5.11.2

I dont know how to downgrad qt safely. when I downgrad all qt to qt 5.11.1 , I can not startx…

A post was split to a new topic: Wifi not connecting automatically

Manjaro GNOME - after update and reboot, popup volume level indicator no longer shows volume level slider. It was there before reboot, but not after.

Changed to the other themes (including default theme), but this did not fix it.
volume-level-missing

Only if you want to be a software tester. Xfce 4.13 (xfce-gtk3) is still a development release.

Thanks for another flawless update on KDE !

same here

Forum hint: this is what the :+1: emoji button can be used for. It avoids https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Forum_Rules#No_Power-Posting.2FEmpty_Posts

Unfortunately the latest updates did break my system everything is glitching on my end. I suspect it’s a kernel update but my system is so glitchy that even enabling the terminal is a near impossibility. I’m attempting to do re-install currently as when you can’t even log into your system without a glitch kind of makes it difficult. I may even attempt to do some fixing with the terminal but it is kind of annoying right now. I’m using the KDE version

After the last update this week which was about 2gig. My HTPC is seeing 100% use on videos and stuttering in vlc and mpv.

The same video on youtube in firefox runs fine!

Also the system seems to be not shutting down correctly 50% of the time…

Any ideas whats changed?

Not a serious problem for me, but I think grub has changed a little how it does things.

Update went fine but terminal text indicated that it couldn’t find the /etc/grub.d/41_custom script. That’s because a few months ago I did a

mv

command to move 41_custom to 09_custom, so that my custom grub entries in custom.cfg would show up before the normal grub.cfg entries.

Anyway, when I rebooted my PC, I found my custom.cfg now appeared twice, once before the grub.cfg stuff and once after. This had never happened before in the upgrades the last few months since I moved 41_custom. So I logged in again and checked /etc/grub.d folder. Turns out grub recreated a 41_custom script for me, which is why I had duplicate custom.cfg entries.

Anyway, I removed 41_custom, but if grub replaces it again the next update, I’ll try removing the actual script content but leave the file there.

Am I right, @gohlip?

Best way to get custom.cfg to appear before the normal grub.cfg entries?

@wongs
I’m out at the moment, so I’ll be brief.
Easiest and simplest way is to ‘nuke’ your grub, reinstall grub and update-grub.

sudo mv /etc/grub.d /etc/grub.d.old
sudo mv /etc/default/grub /etc/default/grub.old
sudo  pacman -S grub
sudo grub-install /dev/sda
sudo update-grub

But yes, we can do a ‘surgical strike’ in that we can look at your grub.d, look at /default/grub, at grub.cfg, fstab, etc…and correct what’s needed.

Nuking seems to be easiest.:grin:

After this update I’m experiencing wifi drops-disconnections.RTL8723BE is the adapter.I’ve tried with 4.18, 4.14 and the 4.19rc kernel but with no luck. Any hints?

Wow, reinstalling grub and rewriting it to MBR just for duplicate entries!

But after /etc/default/grub and /etc/grub.d are refreshed, will grub still recreate 41_custom if it finds it missing again in future? If so, there’s no point reinstalling grub IMO.

I guess so. You should not “move” it to earlier stage. Just copy/clone it there to a non-existent file name.

Copying just means having duplicate entries of my custom.cfg items in grub menu, one set before and one set after the normal grub entries.

That’s why I suggested copying to 09_custom, then editing 41_custom so there is no more script looking for the custom.cfg file.

I’ll open a new thread on this issue if needed.