[Stable Update] 2018-10-08 - Kernels, Gnome 3.30, Cinnamon, Deepin, Pamac, SPL/ZFS

update
stable

Thanks, I looked into it further and it’s the gnome-shell theme that’s broken and caused the problem. My application theme (Zukitwo) is still good, so I did not need to change that. The maintainer will need to update his shell theme for Gnome 3.30.

Besides the Vimix shell themes, the Adapta shell themes from original install of OS also still work correctly, so no surprise not a lot of users noticed this problem.

Updated Dell laptop/XFCE with no issues. Many thanks Manjaro Team :smiley:

I got the same. I have Thinkpad X230, maybe it’s too old to support this feature.

I have the same issue on my Desktop and laptop.
Using Manjaro Gnome of course
.eScreenshot%20from%202018-10-16%2016-51-30

AFAICT this “Smooth Boot” needs UEFI boot. Your X230 might be in BIOS/legacy boot mode.

Not according to philm instructions

Smooth boot as in grub-quiet? Can we use one consistent nomenclature, please?
petsam is right, I’ve tested on both bios-legacy and uefi, works in both.
Just that in uefi, ‘welcome to grub’ bar stays on whereas in bios-legacy, it appears for a moment.
And AFAICT ? …OIC, IDK it says ‘tell’ or ‘think’. :grin:

But, OP is right, having encryption may not work.
And personally, even in ‘normal’ situations, having timeout=0 is a not good.

Cheers.

Actually it is OK as you can now hold shift key down during boot and the menu appears.

Okay. Before starting up computer, we press shift key?
Got to try it but have to reinstall back grub-quiet. Sure timeout=0 is set from timeout=5?

Thanks for the feedback.

Chromium 70 is incoming.

In Testing Branch Version 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

No, pressing ‘shift’ key with timeout=0 boots immediately to OS.
Can you check if you have “timeout=0” in /etc/default/grub?

Issues enabling "smooth boot" -Testing

You are right after the last update that appears to be now broken @philm

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Security Update] 2018-10-18 - Thunderbird, Chromium

I’ve noticed two issues with this update, one of them being a major security issue:

The file manager issue is annoying, but I can work with it for the time being. The taskbar being visible from the lockscreen, however, is a major issue that we need to work to get fixed ASAP. Please let me know what information you need from me to start troubleshooting this issue.

Netbeans doesn’t start after this update.
When I tried to open with terminal appears

Cannot read cluster file: //etc/netbeans.clusters

It’s in pure uefi, not even in uefi/legacy. I’m not really bothered by that to be honest and I will be reinstalling after 18.0 iso GA. I’ve been messing with my system a lot and I don’t even remember what I have done :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.