[Stable Update] 2018-08-31 - Kernels, Mesa, Qemu, Nvidia, Firefox, Python, Haskell

update
stable

There’s a nasty error / regression in this new version. I hope to goodness it’s merely an unfortunate temporary oversight by Mozilla Devs, & not a permanent loss of function.

v63.0b1 has LOST the “Load this bookmark in the sidebar” Bookmark Properties setting…
20180901_001
…& consequently all my specially arranged BM Toolbar BMs that i need to open in the SB not the standard window, for my optimal workflow, now only open in the standard window. This is completely unacceptable to me, & so i had to Downgrade to firefox-developer-edition-62.0b20-1 to fix it. If this silliness is to become truly a permanent “feature” of FF-DE then i’ll later have to downgrade simply to standard FF… but presumably over time that will also lose the setting. Gahhh.

Firefox browser

I guess there is a small topy with regards to 416.

NOTE, 4.17.19 is the last release of the 4.17.y kernel.
It is now end-of-life.

It is recommend to move on to linux416-series.
Use followed cmd to do that: 'sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux418'

What is used or recommended instead of Amarok?

Last Update.

Not work my bluetooth headset with "High Definition Audio (A2DP) " stereo.

It changed to get “High Fidelity Playback (A2DP sink)” mono.

I was hoped this update addresses that issue.

But there has not been any change after this update.

I don’t know why this problem occurs.

Nevertheless, I found a solution.

Install "pulseaudio-bluetooth-a2dp-gdm-fix  0.1-1" in AUR and reboot.

Now my bluetooth headset work with “High Fidelity Playback (A2DP sink)” stereo.

I hope this is a reference to the next update.

Sorry my poor English.

What is used or recommended instead of Amarok?

I use clementine, it’s very similar

Same as i’d previously reported for 4.18.4, my Tower [KDE Stable] loses network connectivity after Suspend-Resume, for all kernels after 4.18.3. Given that 4.17 is now EOL, i’ve had to drop back down to 4.14 LTS. Grumble moan whine whimper… :grinning:

No Ethernet Network Connection after Resume; very recent problem

Which will be dropped to… Or have been dropped. Clementine is QT4 based. There is a QT5 version, but it is git one.

What about Elisa? https://community.kde.org/Elisa

All good on my KDE system. Thanks for all the hard work.

[Edit]: one oddity - playback in Audacious suddenly became very distorted. Disabling ReplayGain seems to fix it.

I assume the addition of the AMD microcode is so AMD users don’t have to be throttled by the Spectre etc. workarounds for Intel processors?

Pamac v7.0 got released. You can get it via:

pamac install https://manjaro.moson.eu/pool/overlay/pamac-7.0.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Had issues with shutdown on kernels 4.17 and 4.18 so I was on 4.14 . Decided to try 4.19 for s&g , no issues with 4.19 and KDE . First update to 4.19 and all is well with it and KDE . Thanks for the update to Steam , I’m one step closer to getting rid of Windoze 10 permanently now with the enhancements to Steam .

wine is now much slower to load

000f:err:service:process_send_command receiving command result timed out

Those may give some ideas.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_applications/Multimedia#Audio_players

Das ist kein großes Problem. Machen Sie sich keine Sorgen. Das bedeutet, dass eine neuere Version verfügbar ist als die, die Sie haben. Aktualisieren Sie das System und führen Sie ein Downgrade der betroffenen Pakete durch. Zusammenfassen:

sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -Suu
sudo pacman -Syyu

Das sollte das Problem beheben. Ich hoffe das hilft!

It would be nice to respect the rest of international users and post in English, please, so Everyone can benefit from your advice. Or send a PM? No offence…

This person replied to someone that already wrote his question in German.
Let people be comfortable and speak in whatever language they feel most comfortable with, someone who understands will reply or a simple google translate will solve the issue. It’s not a big deal :slight_smile:

If it really bothers you, here is a 2 second Google Translate:

That’s not a big problem. Do not worry. This means that a newer version is available than the one you have. Update the system and downgrade affected packages. Sum up:

sudo pacman syu
sudo pacman -Suu
sudo pacman -Syyu

That should fix the problem. I hope it helps!

I don’t even speak German!

Using Mate on an Intel J3710, after this update every few seconds the whole system freezes for a few seconds and releases it. Completely unusable.

The system monitor shows regular ‘peaks’ of activity but I cannot see the process that causes it.
But just before I reboot appearently a process is terminated and the system acts normal again, just before it reboots.

I already downgraded the kernel, no effect.

Is there any way to see what causes this? I used top and the Mate system monitor but I cannot see the process that causes this.

Thanks, best regards,

Cor

After this update and upgrade to kernel 4.18.5-1-MANJARO the keyboard backlight of my macbook 8,2 doesn’t work anymore. Manjaro was always great in detecting it and enabling the keyboard brightness controls for it, automatically.

Sorry, bad news. From the Firefox 63 release notes: “In the Library, the Open in Sidebar feature for individual bookmarks was removed”

Firefox browser

Sorry to quote myself, the keyboard backlight stopped working also on kernel 4.14.67-1-MANJARO which did work fine before. Looks like something was left out from the kernels? Anyone else having similar issues?

EDIT: Running Manjaro KDE

Increase FD limits to let Steam Play works reliably

maybe try sudo iotop to see disk I/O, maybe some process is reading or writing to the disk making the system unresponsive.
Also htop could help.