[Stable Update] 2018-08-25 - Kernels, KDE Apps & Framework, Flatpak 1.0, Nvidia, Cleanup

update
stable

During the installation I had following questions (translated to english):

:: Repalce ca-certificates-cacert with core/ca-certificates ersetzen? [J/n] J
:: Replace qca-qt5 with extra/qca ersetzen? [J/n] J
:: qca and qca-qt4 are in conflict. remove qca-qt4 ? [j/N] j

Install: qca-2.1.3-1
Remove  qca-qt4-2.1.3-11 and  qca-qt5-2.1.3-11

I hope this was ok.

After this update, WebGL is not working on Firefox for all three kernels 4.19, 4.18 and 4.14 on my desktop and laptops.
Could this be due removing xf86-amdgpu and xf86-nouveau drivers, since I have only Intel graphics. Solutions on web suggest driver problems. Any pointers on how to solve it. I have tried all of the Firefox support page. Everwhere it says to update drivers or tinker with about:config ( on Firefox ) none of which helped me.

You should ping @philm otherwise he might miss the request. Even better still, start a new thread in the development forum with the request and ping him in that :+1:

Edit: Adding link to topic as original post replied too is being deleted.

look at Known issues and solutions

I’ll do it right away, thanks! :wink:

Just updated a Manjaro KDE system. Not sure about the ‘packages moved to AUR that can be removed’.

yay reports the following:

-> Local package is newer than AUR: phonon-qt4-gstreamer (4.9.0-4 -> 4.9.0-1)
 -> Missing AUR Packages:  breeze-kde4  mhwd-nvidia-304xx  oxygen-kde4  polkit-qt4
 -> Orphaned AUR Packages:  attica-qt4  automoc4  kdebase-runtime  kdelibs

Most of them are needed by kdebase/kdebase-runtime.

How to proceed? TIA.

See here

\o/ Great News!

remove them if you don’t intentionally use any old KDE4-Stuff that needs them :slight_smile:

Yes. But I shouldn’t remove kdelibs I assume? See:

λ sudo pacman -Rns phonon-qt4
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: kdelibs: removing phonon-qt4 breaks dependency 'phonon-qt4'
:: phonon-qt4-gstreamer: removing phonon-qt4 breaks dependency 'phonon-qt4'

Should I remove without dependency check?

Thanks. Replaced a qt4 app with its qt5 counterpart.

Kernel 4.16 installed and used on my system, update is not starting due to nvidia-utils conflict…

Installation von nvidia-utils (1:396.54-2) verletzt Abhängigkeit 'nvidia-utils=1:396.51', benötigt von linux416-nvidia

Same if I try to install and use kernel 4.18 instead.

4.16 is removed from repos
uninstall this kernel , only existing kernels are kept

When trying to install 4.18 I get:

:: installing nvidia-utils (1:396.54-2) breaks dependency 'nvidia-utils=1:396.51' required by linux414-nvidia
:: installing nvidia-utils (1:396.54-2) breaks dependency 'nvidia-utils=1:396.51' required by linux416-nvidia
:: installing nvidia-utils (1:396.54-2) breaks dependency 'nvidia-utils=1:396.51' required by linux49-nvidia
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)

So it is not just the discontinued 4.16…

OK, removed kernel 4.16, using kernel 4.14 the update is running now…

I got the same question. Any advice on the suggested answer (remove qca-qt4 or not ) ?

I just forwarded fixes for the L1TF issue we had for linux44 and linux49.

Well… My system didn’t inform me about this. I saw “Unsupported” label (or something like that) related to kernel 4.16, but after opening manually the manjaro-settings-manager.

So in my case the update failed. I had to guess that unused (but installed) kernel is not compatible. I didn’t read announcements, because my system is updating automatically (just needs to confirm the update) - that’s how pamac-updater works, right?

So, as an end user I’m expecting automatic removal of incomatible/unused packages or a readable message displayed (“The update process cannot continue. Please remove kernel 4.16 and retry”).

But everything else works like a charm and update was successful. Thank you very much!

after update i get:

$ pandoc
pandoc: error while loading shared libraries: libcmark-gfm.so.0.28.3.gfm.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thx for reporting. Seems there are more packages needed to be updated. Therefore I removed our overlay-package for now. You might have some issue when the normal cmark package is installed, which was fixed already upstream.