[Stable Update] 2018-08-18 - Kernels, Xorg-Server, Mesa, Deepin, MATE, Perl, Python

update
stable

Alway check to which package the file may belong. If locally no package uses it, you may delete or rename it.

phil@development ~ $ pacman -Fo /usr/lib/libstfl.so.0
usr/lib/libstfl.so.0 is owned by community/stfl 0.24-4
phil@development ~ $ pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libstfl.so.0
error: No package owns /usr/lib/libstfl.so.0

Thanks but where is the calendar item in thunderbird 60?

You have to add an account in order to see it.

OK, that’s why.
Thanks.

I get these warnings

dependency cycle detected:
libglvnd will be installed before its mesa dependency
x264 will be installed before its ffmpeg dependency
lib32-mesa will be installed before its lib32-libglvnd dependency

Is it safe? What should I do?

Just a minor problem with perl-linux-inotify2 having previously been built in /usr/lib/perl5/5.26/vendor_perl whereas the new Perl release looks in /usr/lib/perl5/5.28/vendor_perl. Simply solved by reinstalling the module to it got rebuilt in the correct place.
I suspect a few other modules built from source may be similar.

[Stable Update] 2018-08-06 - Kernels, Plasma, Jade, Deepin, Firefox, Haskell

This is an AUR package, and AUR packages need to be rebuilt. It’s in the Known Issues post. :wink:

all good here

Yes.

Continue. In fact, the update will have completed anyway as these are simply Warnings.

I get this error after updating when trying to open VS Code

/opt/visual-studio-code/bin/../code: /opt/visual-studio-code/glibc/usr/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /usr/lib/libsystemd.so.0)

Is it an AUR package? Yes it is, so rebuild it before doing anything else.

This is in the Known Issues post (“Something using Perl/Python/glibc broke”).

I have a problem with Thunderbird after the update, I don’t have an entry in the menu bar. I can’t hide TB anymore and TB will be closed down instead. Before the update this worked without problems for years.

Please always check with the AUR and update the package to get it working.

Be more specific with your issues. Also you may read-up on this.

Sounds like you were using an addon to get a system tray icon.

Thunderbird 60 disables incompatible addons by default.

“It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.”

No issues on 3 system updates. All XFCE. Big update though! Good work :+1:

All good for my Xfce, Deepin, Enlightenment, Cinnamon & KDE VMs [kernel 4.18.2]. Also all good for my Lappy’s real KDE, with one exception: the android-tools upgrade broke the Sync function with MyPhoneExplorer again. Downgrading 1 to 2 fixed it again:

*  1) android-tools-9.0.0_r3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz (local)
*  2) android-tools-8.1.0_r33-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz (local)

Tomorrow my KDE Tower will get updated too; fingers crossed it’ll be equally successful.

Looks like python-tesserwrap needs a rebuild for Python 3.7.

Manjaro-specific packages which need an update

Could you explain that in a little more detail, please?

My Calendar was working fine, but I decided to experiment on a backup system (fortunately). I deleted the Lightning extension to see what would happen and now I can’t see any way of adding a calendar back into Thunderbird.

Kernel 4.18 should add support for Radeon RX Vega M hybrid cards. However none of my applications seem to detect it. I have installed mesa, mhwd-amdgpu, vulkan-radeon and mesa-vdpau Do I need to install some other package? Or perhaps mhwd needs to be updated?

Update

Actually inxi -Gx shows that graphics card is detected. So question is how do I switch to Vega for OpenGL and OpenCL?

Graphics:  Card-1: Intel driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0
           Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Polaris 22 [Radeon RX Vega M GL] driver: amdgpu v: kernel
           bus ID: 01:00.0
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.1 driver: intel resolution: 3840x2160~60Hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake GT2) v: 4.5 Mesa 18.1.6
           direct render: Yes