[Stable Update] 2018-08-06 - Kernels, Plasma, Jade, Deepin, Firefox, Haskell

update
stable

Here it is.

OK, I’ve no issues with similar hardware on my end. It might be due to the fact, that I’m running xorg-server 1.20.1 here. Are there many issues known with xf86-input-libinput package in combination with 1.19 xorg-server series?

Perfect! Thanks!

And I can’t connect to new wifi networks. I only have access to internet using Ethernet and my previous networks.

I am on Manjaro KDE.

Hello people.

After 3 months I have retaken Manjaro Linux.
I have a great update of 1109 Mb

I already updated my travel laptop (Celeron 4GB) and without problems.

Now my second home notebook (if I have problems, I warn you).

Great job as always !.

@philm
i got some problems with qtcreator and qt-core packages.i don’t know when qt-creator is not showing more then two ui files , qdebug is not working.
i thought every-time this will fix on next update ,but with latest update it bracking new parts of qt.:sweat::sweat:

is there any way to keep the LTS version of qt in repos??

I got this error when I tried to update:

(291/291) checking keys in keyring                                          [###########################################] 100%
(291/291) checking package integrity                                        [###########################################] 100%
(291/291) loading package files                                             [###########################################] 100%
(291/291) checking for file conflicts                                       [###########################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
geoclue2: /usr/lib/geoclue exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I tried to fix it by using this command sudo pacman -Suy --overwrite /usr/lib/geoclue, but the error persists.

It should be sudo pacman -Suy --overwrite geoclue2 instead.

Still get the same error:

(291/291) checking keys in keyring                                          [###########################################] 100%
(291/291) checking package integrity                                        [###########################################] 100%
(291/291) loading package files                                             [###########################################] 100%
(291/291) checking for file conflicts                                       [###########################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
geoclue2: /usr/lib/geoclue exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

It’s sudo pacman -Syu --overwrite geoclue2

You can also remove geoclue which in an AUR package and conflicts with the update.

Does that mean its the first stable release of Manjaro Webdad?

Looks very promising! BTW, link of the hardware page is a 404 (*/hardware-ultrathinbb instead of */hardware in the target) :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: update went smoothly on my machine.

I updated a laptop:
Packard Bell product: EasyNote TE69KB

After almost one year (without any updating) and besides the little Thunar hickup where I had to intervene manually; everything went fine!

That is good quality - nuff said…

Will next stable release have newer kernel ?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Stable Update] 2018-08-18 - Kernels, Xorg-Server, Mesa, Deepin, MATE, Perl, Python

Yes.