[Stable Update] 2018-08-06 - Kernels, Plasma, Jade, Deepin, Firefox, Haskell

update
stable

Hi! I do not see the update in Manjaro Linux Update Indicator

Thanks

please check if your mirror is up-to-date.

I have updated via terminal with the following orders:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f3
sudo pacman -Syyu

All right. Thanks!!!

Muchas gracias. Saludos!

Manjaro Gnome, update correctly.
Thanks

All good for me: linux417+cinnamon on a laptop

Just a quick question: when the download of new packages is interrupted (slow/bad connection in my case) and you finish the update later, then the already downloaded packages are upgraded as well, right?

I’m using pacman on the command line.

Update on 12 Machines and 1 VB without Problems.

DK3

'LLo,
Nope, but what does the last line in CLI say…?

xps9550,KDE,linux44,update OK

Update went fine, no problems. Now i only wonder if there actually is something important in the pacnew or can i just ignore it like i have been ignoring pacnews for years?

There’s nothing of note in there. Just a few comments removed is all I can see from a default file. Unless you’ve customised yours that is…

All went well upgrading my XPS 9760, running KDE on Linux kernel 4.17.

After the update dnscrypt does not work. i switched to google dns for now and i will check what is going on some other time.

Only those which were downloaded before network connection timed out. remaining packages u need to download before applying update.

suggest to run sudo pacman -Suw to only download packages ( becos of -w flag pacman will only download packages but update will not be applied)

Thereafter apply update

I always do it this way:

sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman -Suw    # only downloads packages
# after download finished:
sudo pacman -Su     # installs from packages that were downloaded

It’s nice to know that all the packages have been got, before starting the upgrade. :slight_smile:

Are you using lvm snapshots by any chance?

os-prober always fails for me as well. Just CTRL+C and # mkinitcpio -P && grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Mouse and Gnome Shell freezing is back with this update. I switched my NVidia drivers from the 2 prior updates, edited gdm custom.conf file (because I also have Wayland), from the last update also. My hardware is 6 yrs old, but lately I’m getting the feeling I may have to look for another distro more suited for older equip, because each update is causing my particular system more and more issues. :frowning:

EDIT: Using a Logitech USB Mouse M510, GNOME 3.26, 4.15.13-1. Using a different kernel (4.14) did not help either. Cannot get to TTY because the startup process is frozen. Decided to go the Solus route and so far so good, no issues.

Hi @GeorgeCh,

I also had a problem with DNSCrypt before and found some information that solved my issue. Have a look here:

I hope it can be helpful for you.

Good luck.

Well done, no problems here, thank you Manjaro Team! :slight_smile:

can anybody else confirm this
Xfce --> Menu Whisker
select Unzip ( script ) , click on it and does nothing

it appears stable update before , maybe on apps icons in menu ( or not … )