[Stable Update] 2018-03-27 - Kernels, Krita, Grub, Deepin, Pamac, Pacman-Mirrors, Firefox

They were. The packages on Manjaro are now 1.12.4-1. :sunglasses:

Presumably the packages you are trying to update from AUR (so they need compiling). What do you need these for? Recommend either replacing, or deleting. Or ask on AUR thread if you need specifically the 0.10 version.

Yes, its likely you dont need these. Check
pacman -Qi gstreamer0.10-bad gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
to see what, if anything, requires them. (looking at them myself, likely nothing does)
If nothing, then remove.

1 Like

Not sure if update related, might be an issue with NVIDIA in general, but my KDE desktop resolution dropped to 640x480. Had to add

Section "OutputClass"
    Identifier "intel"
    ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
EndSection

to /etc/X11/mhwd.d/intel.conf to get Steam starting again. It failed to find opengl GLX after update, when running with the integrated grapics card. Using optirun steam worked fine.

Also added

Section "Screen"
Virtual 1920 1080
EndSection

to /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf to get the desktop resolution corrected.

Haven’t tried with

Option "metamodes" "1920x1080 +0+0"

since I really don’t know the difference and everything is working fine at the moment, so don’t want to go poking around.

Another excellent smooth update, Tower & Lappy, KDE, Kernel 4.15.13.

Manjaro is so cool. Thanks all.

Hello all,
great work with Manjaro.
IT IS a complete distro.
is this maybe a bug ? or am I missing something ?

There’s still problem in deepin with icon themes in deepin settings panel. I can change only to Papirus. To change to my favourite Halo icons I have to use dconf editor. But it don’t change icons in nautilus.

Manjaro Mate, kernel 4.14.30-1. Everything smooth after rebooting.

Cheers!

This is a normal situation.
Check this Tutorial, notice the last command for EFI setups.

Desktop Manjaro KDE kernel 4.14 and laptop Manjaro Deepin kernel 4.14 without any problems after update. Thank you so much.

I was downloading 60Gb torrent with transmission-gtk, got up to 10Gb then I updated system and rebooted.

Now my torrent stops downloading after few seconds and my CPU usage go 100% on that drive mounted by fstab :open_mouth:
I don’t think that’s faulty hdd though + entire system is nearly inoperable after I attempt to continue downloading.

journal Messages

https://paste.pound-python.org/show/vTAsGwnLqngXALzjE2Cq/

#/etc/fstab
# <file system>                           <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=A3BE-BDF0                            /boot/efi      vfat    defaults,noatime 0       2
UUID=d2e3757c-b231-4cce-b9eb-d0449999039d /              ext4    defaults,noatime,discard 0 1
tmpfs                                     /tmp           tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0  0
UUID=AA0C273C0C270345                     /run/media/frdm/AA0C273C0C270345 ntfs,noatime defaults 0 0

Any tips appretiated, but I think it’s the kernel fault again, anybody know why ntfs-3g is not found?

Mar 29 16:34:45 DS9 ntfs-3g[425]: Could not load plugin /usr/lib/ntfs-3g/ntfs-plugin-80000017.so: Success
Mar 29 16:34:45 DS9 ntfs-3g[425]: Hint /usr/lib/ntfs-3g/ntfs-plugin-80000017.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

EDIT: “oh mother of god, thank myself I pasted my fstab I humbly destroyed today with vimdiff”

@grinner and @cscs, thank you both for the reply. I too thought they were AUR packages, but I could have sworn that gstreamer was removed from my system from an update several months ago because of issues caused by them at that time. I was surprised to find them on my system.

Anyway, I did a “yaourt -R packageName” and it failed to remove them, so I tried “pacman -Rsn packageName” and that also failed to remove the packages so I used pacmac and uninstalled them from the GUI.

So far it looks like they were unneeded packages.

1 Like

Update on 11 Machines and 1 VB without Problems.

DK3

1 Like

I have a problem with this upgrade. I think I managed to isolate the problem and do a partial upgrade of everything that does work. If I try to upgrade libpsl or curl, NetworkManager breaks. My current solution to this is to not upgrade libpsl and everything it depends on or depends on it. It’s not a great solution, but it works. Just me experiencing this?

micke@Humlan > sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 custom is up to date
 sublime-text is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (2) curl-7.59.0-2  libpsl-0.20.1-2

Total Installed Size:  1,76 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0,02 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                          [##############################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                        [##############################] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                             [##############################] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                       [##############################] 100%
(2/2) checking available disk space                     [##############################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/2) upgrading libpsl                                  [##############################] 100%
(2/2) upgrading curl                                    [##############################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks... 
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
micke@Humlan > sudo systemctl stop NetworkManager
micke@Humlan > sudo systemctl start NetworkManager
Job for NetworkManager.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status NetworkManager.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Downgrading makes it work again:

micke@Humlan ~/p/bacman> sudo pacman -U curl-7.58.0-2.pkg.tar.xz libpsl-0.20.0-1.pkg.tar.xz 
loading packages...
warning: downgrading package curl (7.59.0-2 => 7.58.0-2)
warning: downgrading package libpsl (0.20.1-2 => 0.20.0-1)
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (2) curl-7.58.0-2  libpsl-0.20.0-1

Total Installed Size:   1,74 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      -0,02 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                          [##############################] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                        [##############################] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                             [##############################] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                       [##############################] 100%
(2/2) checking available disk space                     [##############################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/2) downgrading libpsl                                [##############################] 100%
(2/2) downgrading curl                                  [##############################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
micke@Humlan ~/p/bacman> sudo systemctl start NetworkManager

Do you have a specific version of networkmanager you hold back?

1 Like

Oh how stupid of me. I checked for that, but now I remember I compiled it myself for some reason and bumped the pkgrel in the process. That’s why pacman thought it was up to date. Now everything works…
Thanks haha.

1 Like

KDE
Thinkpad T60 Intel T5500, Kernel 4.9.90-1, fresh reboot after update
Graphics: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller driver: i915

One thing I notice is, that Youtube video playback on Firefox is maxing out my Thinkpad T60 after approx. 10 minutes. The whole system is getting annoyingly laggy in responding to mouse or keyboard input.
That did not happen with the previous Stable Update.

Hi guys, again I don’t know whether these are Manjaro or KDE bugs but I’d like to point them out and ask if anyone facing them too.
First, Online Accounts issue when adding Twitter account (no authorization prompt window appears), also the list of possible accounts looks incomplete.
And the second: something prevents setting custom background for sddm. No error is being reported during click-and-apply process but in the end the background stays the same. Weird.

Screenshot_20180402_234315

I have been facing these issues since December, 2017 (when I istalled Manjaro for the 1st time ever), they are not crucial of course, but as soon as I have nothing else to report…

1 Like

The Network indicator has problems. It shows disconnection, but it is connected…
(Some updates before, the problem occured too, but was gone then…)
network

I read the icon as connected with weak signal, personally…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.