Upstream worked again on the Spectre and Meltdown matter and added Retpoline patches (v4.4, v4.9, v4.14, v4.15). Our GCC compiler is still in need for those patches aswell. We also updated Systemd to the lastest available version, added some needed fixes to Pamac, added KDE Framework v5.42, plus the usual Haskell and Python upgrades.
Matti worked to improve Manjaro-Architect installer, I updated Snap, we added KDE Apps v17.12.1, renewed Mesa and released Wine v3.0-rc6. As usual we have the regular upstream updates.
Stefano worked again on our Adapta Theme and the Grub-Live-Theme. We had the libcdio v2.0 rebuild and added some more WebDAD packages.
Codruț worked on the vertex-maia-icons, we had another systemd update plus the usual haskell and python rebuilds.
Our effort and all the needed information about the new security risk can be found here.
So please report back and give us feedback for given changes made to our repositories. Users of our 32-bit Distro should read this.
Current supported Kernels
- linux316 3.16.52
- linux318 3.18.92 [EOL]
- linux41 4.1.48
- linux44 4.4.112
- linux49 4.9.77
- linux412 4.12.14 [EOL]
- linux413 4.13.16 [EOL]
- linux414 4.14.14
- linux415 4.15-rc8
- linux-RT-LTS 4.9.76_rt61
- linux-RT 4.11.12_rt16
Package Updates (Thu Jan 18 20:03:14 CET 2018)
- stable community x86_64: 607 new and 597 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 19 new and 19 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 463 new and 466 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 8 new and 13 removed package(s)
Further details can be found here.
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: