[Stable Update] 2018-01-07 - Browsers, Nvidia, PHP, Compiz, Adapta

update
stable

Lots of mirror are not in sync with the latest updates. So we have to wait. Patience. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

just after this cleanup-date :grin:, it would maybe a good idea to run

pacman -Qmdq

to see wich package are not installed by yourself + not in the repo anymore. So you can cleanup your system as well.

7 Likes

First time commenter here,

No problems on KDE 64 and Nvidia non-free.

Like Maggie, octopi-notifier is functional but can’t notify until pacman is manually synced in terminal.

0 Likes

I got this error on Cinnamon, kernel 4.14:

linux-rt-manjaro-nvidia: installing nvidia-utils (1:384.111-1) breaks dependency ‘nvidia-utils=1:384.98’

0 Likes

Everything alright here: 2 x Cinnamon kernel 4.14 Intel graphics.

0 Likes

Not bad at all. Yesterdays update was around 200 to 300Mb and so was todays.
And BOTH went so smoothly. VERY nice.
Keep up the good work devs!

1 Like

Currently the octopi-notifier-framework package seems to be reported broken. Please try the qt5 version of it.

1 Like

No issues on Cinnamon and 4.14 kernel. Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi, after updating I have a problem running programs with optirun:
/bin/bash: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: __GLXGL_CORE_FUNCTIONS

0 Likes

Is there a way to automate the cleanup or we just have to remove/replace all the ones in the list, mine is kinda long.

0 Likes

Which branch are you on and if you use the nvidia driver, which version of libglvnd do you use?

0 Likes

You can roll the dice and do:

pacman -Qmdq | sudo pacman -Rncs -

but you’d have to feel lucky to do it. :wink:

0 Likes

Hi @philm,
I’m on the stable branch and I have libglvnd 0.2.999+g4ba53457-3
Thanks for your help!

0 Likes

Please install v1.0.0 and report back:

sudo pacman -U http://repo.manjaro.org.uk/pool/sync/libglvnd-1.0.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz http://repo.manjaro.org.uk/pool/sync/lib32-libglvnd-1.0.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

1 Like

Everything works ok now, thank you!

0 Likes

@feelnopain: thx for your feedback. I’ve removed our overlay packages of libglvnd to fix this issue on all branches with nvidia v384.111 drivers …

3 Likes

Black screen on plasma and Intel graphics after reboot. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace solved it.

0 Likes

split this topic #27

6 posts were split to a new topic: Wifi drops while using peer-to-peer application

0 Likes

There are problems and risks associated with this.

That command will not accurately find all dependencies on the packages it says are safe to remove.

If you arbitrarily feed the list it coughs up into a pacman -R command you will often come across additional dependencies which your command did not discover.

The good thing is that pacman will fail, but provide the names of the packages that still have dependencies which your command did not discover.

Example:

[jsa@Gate ~]$ sudo pacman -R directfb kdepimlibs4 lib32-libtxc_dxtn libakonadi-qt4 libkcddb4 libkcompactdisc4 libmusicbrainz3 libtxc_dxtn
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)                                                                            
:: audiocd-kio4: removing libkcddb4 breaks dependency 'libkcddb4'                                                                                
:: audiocd-kio4: removing libkcompactdisc4 breaks dependency 'libkcompactdisc4'
:: kdemultimedia-kscd: removing libmusicbrainz3 breaks dependency 'libmusicbrainz3'

Once you get this list of remaining dependencies,
You are better off to first Manually remove the packages listed as still depend on your removels. (audiocd-kio4 as an example in above).

Then attempt your command, and subsequent removal step again.

2 Likes

All good, xfce 4.14 nvidia non-free.

Also got around to removing Plymouth after following helpful wiki instructions https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Plymouth. :grinning:

0 Likes