[Stable Update] 2017-09-30 - Timeshift, Kernels, Nvidia, JADE, Haskell, JDK9, Snap Support

update
stable

Works great!
Especially for the Nvidia GeForce MX150 (Pascal).
sunray@sunray-pc  ~  optirun -v glxinfo | grep OpenGL
[ 4902.200348] [INFO]Configured driver: nvidia
[ 4902.202073] [INFO]Response: Yes. X is active.

[ 4902.202118] [INFO]Running application using primus.
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce MX150/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.90
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50 NVIDIA
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.90
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.50 NVIDIA
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: (none)
OpenGL extensions:

Hmm, seems the update to the latest BFQ creates some issues on some systems. Please use elevator=cfq as grub parameter for linux414 and linux413, which are using the same BFQ code.

Yay another update (especially Opera`s) is always appreciated.

Do you recommend elevator=cfq even for systems with a single SSD? Can we use elevator=deadline instead?

thats strange. no change in gnome shell theme here but im not using adwaita

I’ve reported it upstream now …

I recommended it in general as Arch is using CFQ. For SSD deadline is fine. Currently I’m adding new patches to see if that helps.

The usual smooth update on my machine. A big shout out of thanks to Phil, core team & everyone who contributed to the testing upstream.

It’s much appreciated! More power to you all & to the wonderful community.

Ruziel :slight_smile:

I’m having kernel problem only on Dell Precision, I will change the scheduler there then, now is bfq.sq…

xps 9560 with nvme boots fine with 4.13.4

This is how the default GNOME Shell theme did look like before the update:

This is how it looks like now:

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool: All test ok - pass

changing to scheduler cfq solved the kernel boot lock on dell precision

You have manjaro-gnome-settings installed? And what version? I switch the default theme in adapta-maia-theme…

Yes they are installed.

pacman -Ss manjaro-gnome-settings
community/manjaro-gnome-settings 20170926-1 [installed]
Manjaro Linux Gnome settings

Is there any way to change to the adwaita shell theme with manjaro-gnome-settings installed, or do I need to uninstall that package? (There is no menu entry for a Adwaita theme in the tweak tool-shell theme settings, only Default which previously was the Adwaita theme.)

Same here, on the Gnome shell, I was using Numix theme, but after the update First the image on the login screen has changed.
And the Numix theme was broken, it was trying to use either adapta-breath or arc maca instead. context menu on the desktop, as well as shell-pop ups, like calendar, were broken.
However when I changed the theme it seems working.

Also, I noticed that for last 2 updates pamac fails to see that there are new updates.
At the first time, it seems was the problem with the mirror, thus I manually changed it to
## Country : Germany Server = https://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/manjaro/packages/stable/$repo/$arch

but today also, it failed to see the updates, but work flawlessly via terminal.
P.S. I am not using the update notifier extension, rather I was going to the update section in the pamac

@Ste74, using manjaro-gnome-maia as dependency, breaks other themes, because of gdm theme. I can not install manjaro-gnome-breath, too.

Manually replace /usr/share/gnome-shell/gnome-shell-theme.gresource with your selected theme specific or default gresource file and restart (or logout) the computer . For example:

sudo cp -fv /usr/share/themes/Adapta-Black-Nokto-Eta-Breath/gnome-shell/gnome-shell-theme.gresource /usr/share/gnome-shell/

Another instance of not booting 4.13 on my Thinkpad without changing scheduler. 4.9 boots just fine.

Edit: Also have issues resuming from suspend on 4.9, which was resolved using deadline.

I’ve had a gnome-shell-theme.gresource.old in /usr/share/gnome-shell.
So I simply renamed them with:

mv gnome-shell-theme.gresource gnome-shell-theme.gresource.new

mv gnome-shell-theme.gresource.old gnome-shell-theme.gresource

cp gnome-shell-theme.gresource gnome-shell-theme.gresource.old

Trouble with Gnome shell theme after Manjaro updates

still same or no? Also change shell-theme from gnome-tweak-tool.