with just over one week we have a new update for you. We updated Mesa to v17.2 series, which includes new drivers and other goodies, updated some of our kernels, added latest KDE Frameworks v5.38 plus having GCC v7.2 as our latest compiler. If you have difficulties to update, please install additional multilib packages of gcc first, so a full upgrade is possible.
Additionally we have the latest VirtualBox and Bluez packages plus Python and CertBot renewed. KDE locales got prepared to support Plasma v5.11 series. Last but not least we fixed some BTRFS and LOCALES issues we had within Calamares, when installed for example with German locales.
Guillaume released Pamac v6.0. Read also the release announcement. It now supports appstream.
With this update, however, we also removed the support of OpenRC. For all users who had used that init-system we recommend to either convert back to systemd or try the new project Artix Linux, which is focused on OpenRC only and is also based on Arch Linux. They already have great migration documentations.
Also we decided to ditch linux312 and linux48 series. Please move to another kernel series, if you still use those. No extramodule updates will be provided for these series.
Please report back and give us feedback for given changes made to our repositories.
Manjaro Project Lead
Current supported Kernels
- linux310 3.10.107
- linux316 3.16.48
- linux318 3.18.71 [EOL]
- linux41 4.1.43
- linux44 4.4.88
- linux49 4.9.50
- linux410 4.10.17 [EOL]
- linux411 4.11.12 [EOL]
- linux412 4.12.13
- linux413 4.13.2
- linux-RT-LTS 4.9.40_rt30 (x86_64)
- linux-RT 4.11.12_rt12 (x86_64)
Package Updates (Sat Sep 16 11:06:16 CEST 2017)
- stable community i686: 336 new and 470 removed package(s)
- stable community x86_64: 353 new and 479 removed package(s)
- stable core i686: 36 new and 40 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 38 new and 42 removed package(s)
- stable extra i686: 337 new and 381 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 350 new and 397 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 28 new and 31 removed package(s)
A detailed list of package changes can be found here.
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: