[Stable Update] 2017-09-02 - Kernels, Calamares, Mesa, Firefox, Python

Everything’s OK on deepin.

No problems, just an unexpected Latte Dock at the bottom after starting plasma.

Work for me.The idea for voting is one of the best thing. You can extend it by allowing users to push info for their setups. In this way others will have option to check how many people with their setup have issue with the update. I think it will helpful because not all use the same DE, gpu or kernel

All works fine - thanks to all :grinning:

there is new .pacnew for KDE

the new sddm start with wayland screen ( tested after quit session and login ) ,
and icon keyboard with US only

no more ligne for X11 on login , theses files has been checked ?

yeah, i’m getting this too since a few updates ago, haven’t noticed any issue with it yet.

i’m getting pacnews for /etc/sddm.conf (mainly commenting) and /etc/pam.d/sddm:

~ >>> diff /etc/pam.d/sddm /etc/pam.d/sddm.pacnew                                                                                                                                      [130]
< auth          optional        pam_kwallet5.so
> -auth         optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so
> -auth   optional  pam_kwallet5.so
> -password     optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so use_authtok
> session               optional        pam_keyinit.so force revoke
< session               optional        pam_kwallet5.so auto_start
> -session              optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
> -session  optional  pam_kwallet5.so auto_start

seems to me like an addition for gnome-keyring? So i can ignore it on KDE?

other than that, smooth update, thanks team! :slight_smile:

They may or may not related to this :

2 posts were split to a new topic: Vim compiled without clipboard support

Vim compiled without clipboard support

Another lovely, smooth update. :star_struck::sunglasses:

Smooth update.
Resolved xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin / Xfce4-power manager brightness control bug.

linux44-r8168 was upgraded to 8.044.02-13 this broke wired networking. Same issue as previous update [Stable Update] 2017-08-25 - Thunderbird, Pamac, Calamares, Plasma 5 Had to downgrade to 8.044.02-6 to get it working again.

Also, when usb devices are plugged in they are not being auto mounted by pcmanfm/lxde.

I got one small error when updating:

( 7/12) Updating icon theme caches...
gtk-update-icon-cache: The generated cache was invalid.

Any advice?

inxi here

smooth update in console under kde

i3- thinkpad t420s…
Since update xfce4-power-manager wont charge while running.

status icon And Notification keeps switching from CHARGING to NOT charging. (every few seconds)

BUT, Seems to charge fine with the system powered off.

[edit]: Nevermind. Doesn’t seem to be charging properly while powered off, either. charge/no-charge/charge/no-charge

Everything seems to work except that sound no longer works on cantata. I do have sound on opera and on deepin music, but not cantata, which is my go-to music player. I haven’t taken time yet to try to resolve.

[solved] by running ncmpcpp.

Updated machine with gnome and vm with xfce, everything ok. Thank you guys.

Smooth update xfce Kernel: 4.9.47-1, thinkpad T530 with integrated intel graphics. Thanks to everyone.

One minor problem, grub didn’t auto update. This is a dual boot machine with Windows.
Just ran sudo update-grub everything is fine.

Manjaro-Architect ISO: KDE

I thought I had a clean update but after some use I discovered that Enlightenment File Manager (EFM) crashes Enlightenment when trying to close it (EFM).

For once Arch was on the ball and quick with the Enlightenment library, efl-1.20.3, but seems to have picked a dud. So back to efl-1.20.2 from @AJSlye (thanks!).

Once your local database is updated you can query the actual current version and build date of a package with pacman -Si, so in your case you could have done
pacman -Si xpdf