[Stable Update] 2017-08-18 - Kernels, Deepin, Firefox, Xorg-Server, Mesa, Pamac

update
stable

downgraded gtk3 on @cimarronline’s advice, problem solved.

i had the same warning, searched for /etc/xdg/autostart/pacmac-tray.desktop but only have /etc/xdg/autostart/pacmac-tray.desktop.save? guess this is actually the reason for this warning, but this very file even exists on your side, so i am not sure.

how to deal with this desktop.save file / warning?

Thanks , physkets . I am reading it :slight_smile:

And also full of bugs thats why Mozilla quickly released 55.0.2(before Manjaro pushed 55.0.1 to stable) But you updated it to 55.0.1 nevertheless and now sometimes tabs aren’t restored and extensions are eating CPU like crazy. I knew about that because i was reading news about this stuff and copy alot of things(firefox profile included) before upgrade. Currently using 55.0.1 to test all of those bugs just of curiosity but lots of people will upgrade without putting much thought into it. Simply installing 54 won’t fix all for them because profile is changed for 55 already so there might be some bugs from a regular downgrade.
So the question, how quickly are you going to put 55.0.2 into stable, the same you usually do in 2 weeks or so?)

Other than that upgrade is good.

yeah, i notice the “tabs not restoring properly”, too - sometimes tabs are just viewing the “loading circle” in the middle. in that case - close and “strg+shift+t” helps. ^^
Personally i don’t have issues with addon-CPU-usage, but notice that 55 is much smoother than 54, so all in all i can live with ocassionally needing to reopen tabs :smiley:

And 55.0.2 is already in todays testing, so it shouldn’t take too long :slight_smile:

No problems with update, went flawlessly.

Hi there. Seems that After update, boot process hangs after “started TLP system startup/shutdown”. I’m on Manjaro Xfce, on a laptop with NVIDIA video card and proprietary driver installed. I can login on tty 2 but do not know What to do After that, tried to reach logs but didn’t found them. Thanks for your help.

Smooth update on 4 machines

Had to do quick, just reinstalled all, seems fine.

You use gnome with extension for update?

no, i do not.

Don’t worry the warning in gnome edition is normal since it use gnome-shell-extension-update-manjaro in combination with pamac.

AFAIK another flawless update on KDE. Thank you all! :smiley:

Thank you Lisa and the Manjaro team for another great update.

My machine:

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.11.12-1-MANJARO
Uptime: 36m
Packages: 1854
Shell: bash 4.4.12
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: Xfce4
WM: Xfwm4
WM Theme: Default
GTK Theme: Adwaita-Maia [GTK2]
Icon Theme: Papirus-Light
Font: Ubuntu 14
CPU: Intel Core i7-5500U @ 4x 3GHz [56.5°C]
GPU: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2)
RAM: 2701MiB / 7903MiB

All the best.

Update on 12 Machines without Problems.

DK3

update ok

That’s worrying since I’ve got a backlog of about 20 FF windows each fillled with a bunch of tabs :expressionless: Guess I’ll make a backup and hope for the best? Can’t really wait 2 weeks :\

Great update - big thanks to Phil, core team & army of testers.

More power to you!

Ruziel :slight_smile:

Do the FF updates in testing fixes your issues? If so, we may push them to stable by tomorrow. However we still need some feedback from it: 1, 2

Firefox 55

network.http.spdy.enabled.http2 -> false

magic tips :stuck_out_tongue: