[Stable Update] 2017-06-18 - Kernels, Plasma, KDE Apps, Firefox, Thunderbird, Mesa

update
stable

qupzilla needs rebuild with QT5.9 provided QT5.9 is supported by its developer.

Did u clean up plasma cache after upgrade. Every time u make a major / minor version upgrade to plasma desktop cleaning up the old cache is a good practice to avoid weird issues upon upgrade.

Suggest reading https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE#Troubleshooting

Strange behaviour of KDE since last stable update (2017-06-18)

discovered an issue with updated qt 5.9 afaik

Trojita mishandles plain text emails.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381353
looks like this:

SOLVED by

downgrade qt5-webkit

downgrading from qt5-webkit-5.212.0alpha2-1 to qt5-webkit-5.8.0-3

[Stable Update] 2017-11-25 - Kernels, Jade, VirtualBox, Deepin, Kernel v4.15

In KDE System Settings > Applications > Application Launch Feedback, I still have Bouncing Cursor, but I do not see the feedback. Can anybody verify?

Well, I rebooted more than once and I don’t have plasma set to recover sessions. Do you think cache is persistent across clean boots? I can try the solution you proposed later at the end of the day. Thanks.

Thanks, cannot believe i didn’t notice!

UPDATE: STABLE UPDATE 2017-06-22 fixes this problem. Noted here in case it helps anyone else getting these problems.

A couple of showstoppers for me, unfortunately.

Trying to get photos from my camera using gphoto2 it throws an error

An error occurred in the io-library (‘Unspecified error’): No error description available.

Running it with --debug gets additional info:

0.168012 ptp_usb_getresp [usb.c:466] (0): PTP_OC 0x1016 receiving resp failed: PTP Device Prop Not Supported (0x200a)
0.168030 camera_prepare_capture config.c:486: ‘ptp_setdevicepropvalue (params, 0xd207, &propval, PTP_DTC_UINT16)’ failed: PTP Device Prop Not Supported (0x200a)
0.168052 camera_init library.c:8163: ‘camera_prepare_capture (camera, context)’ failed: ‘Unspecified error’ (-1)

More seriously, MariaDB will no longer close down (which causes a machine shutdown to hang). The relevant part of the error log seems to be:

2017-06-20 13:45:46 139896595089152 [Note] InnoDB: Waiting for page_cleaner to finish flushing of buffer pool
170620 13:45:47 [ERROR] mysqld got signal 11 ;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.

To report this bug, see https://mariadb.com/kb/en/reporting-bugs

We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed,
something is definitely wrong and this may fail.

Server version: 10.1.24-MariaDB
key_buffer_size=67108864
read_buffer_size=131072
max_used_connections=0
max_threads=153
thread_count=0
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_threads = 401589 K bytes of memory
Hope that’s ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

Thread pointer: 0x0
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong…
stack_bottom = 0x0 thread_stack 0x30000
2017-06-20 13:45:47 139896595089152 [Note] InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 385037633
In particular:
It is also possible that this binary or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built, or misconfigured

feels relevant. Though I’m not sure how to determine which library the problem is in. Interesting though that the gphoto2 error also refers to library problems.
The shutdown hangs at this point and can only be completed with “killall -9 mysqld”.

Rebooting into my rescue installation confirms that both work OK before the update.

No problems updating this and the last pack together on XFCE, Thx!

Actions to perform in home directory.
first just remove .config/Trolltech.conf and remove ksycoca5* file under .cache and also remove plasmashell folder under .cache directory

still if problem persists then see if any widget used or installed is causing this issue.
u might as well right click on desktop and select unlock widgets. I have experienced issues earlier with widgets locked. unlocking was a workaround to avoid plasmashell crash for me.

Plasmashell was also automatically restarted several times while I was customizing applets/panel, messing up my customization

This is a known issue. I remember logging a bug which is still not fixed i suppose. For me deleting applets / widgets from default panel caused plasmashell crash.

I switched to latte dock from AUR and set it to dodge full screen windows so it works for me. infact lattedock AUR package is maintained by the developers themselves and they are prompt in fixing bugs if reported.

try enabling “Visual Feedback for status change”

at

System Settings -> Desktop Behavior -> Workspace

Thanks, but that was already enabled.

Great update, all working fine, Thanks to the Manjaro Team.

@philm @thefallenrat @rahulprabhakar
Thanks everyone for suggestions. Apparently there’s a firewall rule in place at my work place which blocked the connection. I carried the laptop home and everything works.

@philm @grinner Now I can open the player, but I have a big graphical issue:

I’ve posted a official issue thread:

Guayadeque's graphical issues after update and fix

There is an issue with opening .xlsx and .docx files.

Got a strange error after updating with kio inside Dolphin, but rebooting fixed it.

I was using all three Australia mirrors.
I switched to all Germany mirrors.

Hello,
When Trying to upgrade I get the following error, Don’t quite know what to do, Tried updating via command line, but got the same errors.

> error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/BusyIndicator.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Button.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/CheckBox.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Menu.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/AbstractCheckable.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/BasicButton.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/CalendarUtils.jsc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/ColumnMenuContent.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/Control.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/EditMenu.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/EditMenu_base.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/FastGlow.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/FocusFrame.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/MenuContentItem.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/MenuContentScroller.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/ScrollBar.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/ScrollViewHelper.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/SourceProxy.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/StackView.jsc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/StackViewSlideDelegate.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/Style.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/SystemPaletteSingleton.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/TextHandle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/TextInputWithHandles.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/TextSingleton.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Private/style.jsc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ProgressBar.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ScrollView.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Slider.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/StackView.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/StackViewDelegate.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/StackViewTransition.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/BusyIndicatorStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ButtonStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/CheckBoxStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ProgressBarStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/ScrollViewStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/SliderStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Base/TextFieldStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Desktop/ButtonStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Desktop/FocusFrameStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Desktop/TextFieldStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles/Desktop/ToolButtonStyle.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/TextField.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-quickcontrols: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls/ToolButton.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-graphicaleffects: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtGraphicalEffects/DropShadow.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-graphicaleffects: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtGraphicalEffects/GaussianBlur.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-graphicaleffects: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtGraphicalEffects/OpacityMask.qmlc exists in filesystem
> qt5-graphicaleffects: /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtGraphicalEffects/private/DropShadowBase.qmlc exists in filesystem
> Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Had the same error…
This is because PERL-dependend AUR packages have to be rebuilt against the new PERL version.
Before upgrading remove the PERL-dependend AUR packages.

After upgrading, reinstall them.

Thanks to all , I was able to solve the issue with sudo pacman -Sy qt5-quickcontrols qt5-graphicaleffects --force && sudo pacman -Su.