[Stable Update] 2017-06-18 - Kernels, Plasma, KDE Apps, Firefox, Thunderbird, Mesa

update
stable

Updated a KDE and a 32bit Lxde without any issues.

Then tried to update a recently installed Lxde on a Macbook Pro 5,4 ( zero issues during boot of the liveUSB or after install; works flawlessly with either the free nouveau or non-free nvidia) but got the following errors:

Checking keyring…
Checking integrity…
Error: filesystem: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: firefox: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: linux49: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: linux49-broadcom-wl: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: mhwd-db: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: pacman-mirrors: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: pacman: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: mhwd: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: linux49-nvidia-340xx: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: lxde-wallpapers: signature from “Stefano Capitani stefano@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: manjaro-hello: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: qt5-styleplugins: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: manjaro-settings-manager: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: manjaro-settings-manager-notifier: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: thunderbird: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
Error: vlc-nightly: signature from “Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust

Failed to commit transaction:
invalid or corrupted package:

Actually, the ‘Philip M\Uffffffff’ reads ‘Philip Müller’ in the terminal where I run the update with sudo pacman -Syyu but after copying and pasting it changed.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please. Do I have to reinstall the keyring?

all good with xfce no issues to report, gimp even closes faster now :wink:

Keep your current files and forget about the .new files. We simply switched to usage of sysusers.d.

Either fix your pacman-key issues or disable it.

Update went well on two of three machines. Haven’t updated an old laptop I use but will do that tonight. One thing I thought was interesting on my xfce desktop I had setup the sensors plugin on the panel but it didn’t happen on my xfce laptop. It was no big deal as it was very easy to setup again but I wasn’t sure what caused it. Everything else was good. so great update.

Hello, what happened with the “bookmark manage” menu? The flipping of the menus when you go with the mouse pointer, always the same menus. As seen here on the screen photo. So, it always fold the same menus up. I have also tried everything imaginable, Firefox with the -Rs command completely uninstalled, also the .mozzila folder under / home I have deleted. Also in the / root directory of the / usr / lib / firefox folder did not solve this problem.

Update (again) killed my os. First I had a problem mentioned under comment #39, then I had an error mentioned in comment #75, and then after using --force parameter, after reboot I get this http://i.imgur.com/22jm3se.jpg :frowning:

hello,
no issue so far on Gnome 32 bits (i686)
big thanks to the entire team :kissing_heart:

All seems good

The Arch keyring was upgraded first.
I replied y to:
:: Replace wxgtk with extra/wxgtk2? [Y/n]

I got the warnings:

warning: /etc/passwd installed as /etc/passwd.pacnew
warning: /etc/gshadow installed as /etc/gshadow.pacnew
warning: /etc/shadow installed as /etc/shadow.pacnew
warning: /etc/group installed as /etc/group.pacnew

and

warning: /etc/pacman-mirrors.conf installed as /etc/pacman-mirrors.conf.pacnew
warning: /etc/pacman.conf installed as /etc/pacman.conf.pacnew

Re-booted and all was well on the first KDE laptop.

On the second KDE laptop, I could not use the kicker application launcher to re-boot, and krunner could not find konsole, but the kicker application launcher did (but I got a dialog box about open GL and Plasma). I simply clicked OK, executed
systemctl reboot
in the Konsole, and things seem OK with two minor changes:

• The fonts on Chromium seem smaller
  • At shutdown, I now get what is probably a harmless warning: Watchdog did not stop.

Successful on my netbook running LXQt. Note the Octopi-Notifier alerted me that an AUR update was available, but even after this big update, Octopi itself did not include the alien head. Just a paper-cut; after re-booting and ensuring all my Manjaro packages were updated, I opened the Qterminal and:
yaourt -Syua

I got the same problem and I solved it with:

sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

sudo pacman -Syyu
sudo pacman -Su

I think it can work for you too :slight_smile:

[Stable Update] 2017-06-22 - Calamares, Thus, Cinnamon, Gstreamer, Mesa

What is the output of systemctl status systemd-logind?

How can I check that from live session?

I think your errors is similar to this, you may need to reinstall filesystem using chroot… :

@Mleko I think you need to go live session and chroot into your main system …
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader#Chroot_into_your_existing_Manjaro_Installation

Yep, I have the same error after trying to log in. How to login into that command line at the boot?

Reinstalling the package filesystem should fix it. You can also check the status of logind by typing SYSTEMD_LOG_LEVEL=debug /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-logind. Using –force is never a good idea.

To start into the terminal you may use init 3. Therefore go to your bootloader, select the entry you want to boot and press CTRL+E for editing it. Scroll down to the line linux and add 3 to the end of it. Then start the entry with CTRL+X. Else you may boot normal and switch to TTY2 with CTRL+ALT+F2 to login there.

Hallo! Guayadeque don’t work.

guayadeque: error while loading shared libraries: libwxcode_gtk2u_wxsqlite3-3.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Update went swimmingly on my custom i3 install using pacli option to update AUR

I followed the steps mentioned by thefallenrat and now everything’s fine. Thanks <3

sudo pacman -U http://repo.manjaro.org.uk/pool/overlay/guayadeque-0.4.5-2-$(uname -m).pkg.tar.xz

See that

sudo pacman -U http://repo.manjaro.org.uk/pool/overlay/guayadeque-0.4.5-2-$(uname -m).pkg.tar.xz
[sudo] Passwort für frank:
Fehler: Konnte Datei ‘guayadeque-0.4.5-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz’ nicht von repo.manjaro.org.uk übertragen : The requested URL returned error: 404
Warnung: Konnte http://repo.manjaro.org.uk/pool/overlay/guayadeque-0.4.5-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz nicht herunterladen
Fehler: ‘http://repo.manjaro.org.uk/pool/overlay/guayadeque-0.4.5-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz’: Unerwarteter Fehler

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. Following your steps I get an error after
sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring

jaro@jaro-mbp ~]$ sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
[sudo] password for jaro: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
warning: archlinux-keyring-20170611-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: manjaro-keyring-20170603-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (3) archlinux-keyring-20170611-1  gnupg-2.1.21-3
             manjaro-keyring-20170603-1

Total Installed Size:   9.82 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      -0.29 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(3/3) checking keys in keyring                     [######################] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key 2048R/8218F88849AAC522E94CF470A5E9288C4FA415FA, "Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <jan.steffens@gmail.com>", created: 2011-08-25? [Y/n] y
:: Import PGP key 2048R/4AA4767BBC9C4B1D18AE28B77F2D434B9741E8AC, "Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>", created: 2011-04-10? [Y/n] y
:: Import PGP key 2048R/E4CDFE50A2DA85D58C8A8C70CAA6A59611C7F07E, "Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) <philm@manjaro.org>", created: 2012-05-05? [Y/n] y
(3/3) checking package integrity                   [######################] 100%
error: gnupg: signature from "Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <jan.steffens@gmail.com>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gnupg-2.1.21-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: archlinux-keyring: signature from "Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/archlinux-keyring-20170611-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: manjaro-keyring: signature from "Philip M\Uffffffff(Called Little) <philm@manjaro.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/manjaro-keyring-20170603-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

How to proceed?

Thanks.