for our KDE-Lovers we have updated KDE Apps to v17.04.2, Plasma to v5.10.2 and Frameworks to v5.35. Also QT got updated to v5.9, which resulted in a rebuild of other packages.
We are also happy to present the latest Mozilla software to you. Firefox is now at v54.0. Thunderbird on the other hand is now at v52.2.
Also this update brings a huge rebuild of perl packages. Please check if you have installed some packages from the AUR which depending on an older release of perl and remove them before updating.
Other things to mention with this update-pack:
- We finally found some way to fix the Calamares crashes on some partition types. Thx flies also out to Andrius and Adriaan from KDE for fixing this long lasted bug. You may review the changelog.
- Fabian filled the upstream bug for Octopi crashing with QT 5.9, as we thought. In the end it was no theme issue at all, rather some compiler oops with gcc7 and the alpm-backend after Marcus gave us the clue where to look. Solution was to use clang as compiler to get all going.
- Philip released again Greg's kernels as usual. This time almost all extramodules needed to be compiled due abi-changes.
- The glibc/mkinitcpio-busybox-issue should be fixed now on i686. Please report if otherwise.
- Last but not least Frede finally released pacman-mirrors v4.2.
As usual you find the regular upstream packages, such as eric, haskell and python. Please give us feedback and report any issues you may see with this update.
Current supported Kernels
- linux310 3.10.106
- linux312 3.12.74 [EOL]
- linux316 3.16.44
- linux318 3.18.57 [EOL]
- linux41 4.1.41
- linux44 4.4.73
- linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
- linux49 4.9.33
- linux410 4.10.17 [EOL]
- linux411 4.11.6
- linux-RT-LTS 4.4.70_rt83 (x86_64)
- linux-RT 4.9.30_rt21 (x86_64)
Package Updates (Sun Jun 18 22:19:51 CEST 2017)
- stable community i686: 1201 new and 1102 removed package(s)
- stable community x86_64: 1235 new and 1135 removed package(s)
- stable core i686: 44 new and 49 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 44 new and 48 removed package(s)
- stable extra i686: 1044 new and 1098 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 1044 new and 1099 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 22 new and 29 removed package(s)
A detailed list of package changes can be reviewed here.
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: