[Stable Update] 2017-06-10 - Plasma v5.10.1, Kernels, Mesa v17.1.2, Calamares

update
stable

Absolutely flawless for me… great job as usual :slight_smile:

Not sure if this is related, but my fn brightness keys have a rather long delay, same for volume keys.
Could this update be the cause?
Running i3 on a Lenovo p50

Look here for a fix.

I had the same problem.

DKMS problem with kernel 4.9.31-1

See this topic for details:

Curious here. How does Plasma look any different than it did before the update?

If you already have Plasma installed it’s hard to see the difference because everything is already configured to look some way. And the best thing developers do is not messing with our personal configs. If you try it out-of-the-box maybe you’ll find some minor changes.

The truth os that computing is killing Mathematics. After the number 5.9 we’d expect 6.0 but now after 5.9 we can find 5.10 (that is equivalent to 5.1), 5.10.1 etc. :joy::laughing:

Why don’t they think ahead and start in a number such as 5.01 and they’d have 99 versions before hitting 6.0? :grinning:

No issues, update went smoothly on old Hexa core Xeon x5650. KDE Plasma + 4.11.4-1 kernel…

smooth update KDE&XPS9550

My update failed with the following error(s):

:: Processing package changes…
error: cannot remove /opt/ (Not a directory)
( 1/10) upgrading filesystem [########################################] 100%
error: extract: not overwriting dir with file /usr/local/share/man
error: problem occurred while upgrading filesystem
error: could not commit transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (transaction aborted)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I had my /opt linked to ‘opt’ on another partition because of limited space on my / partition (2 years ago I was not aware that almost everything in Linux got dumped into / .) Here I keep big suites like Oracle Java, Atmel-AVR, etc., which I install / maintain myself. I have had no problems with this setup before and do not know why this update needs access to /opt .

Any case, I noticed that despite the error message(s), the update removed my link and created an empty /opt directory. So I run the update again and this time it succeeded. Then I removed /opt and created my link again. Seems that everything is working as before.

The other errors are probably a consequence of the first.

The second update ended with:

(4/4) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate…

Sounds threatening … :worried:

Unlink that folder, do the update and create the symlink once more.

Yes, that is what I did. Everything is fine - thanks.

When was the last time u updated manjaro. We have been seeing this for quite some time. Infact on every package install also u wud see “Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate…” :innocent:

I am always up to date (2-3 days behind). I just never have noticed that message.

:no_mouth::+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

Issue with elogind and libelogind on OpenRC edition still present out of box:

just updated my manjaro…it was smooth updating…
Can I ask something about the plymouth when shutting down and openning my manjaro? Is there a plymouth logo when openning or shutting down manjaro? I mean, every time I open up my laptop its all black after selecting manjaro on the GRUB menu.

First of, big compliments to the maintainers: I had countless updates without any issues. You guys do an awesome job! However, this time it seems it hit me.

I have two issues, that seem to be caused by the update:

1. System language was change from English to German. Since I’m German its not such a big deal, but I’m used to English interfaces, and I can’t change back to English (en_US). Even deleting German and only having English as fallback doesn’t help.

2. The two USB 3 ports of my Dell XPS 15 l502x don’t work anymore. They are powered, but external devices are not recognized. Tested with external drives and mouse. The are also not listed when running “lsusb”. The USB 2 port works fine.

Update on 12 Machines without Problems.

DK3

So, a short update. I was able to resolve the issues:

1. I fixed the locale as explained here (add export to .bashrc): https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=176747

2. Was a hardware issue: the flat-band connecting the USB ports to the motherboards had a problem, probably one of the contacts was corrugated.

So the problems were not related to the update. Everything runs smooth again. Thanks!