[Stable Update] 2017-05-19 - Kernels, LibreOffice, Mesa, Thunderbird, Cinnamon

update
stable

Hi community,

we are happy to present Cinnamon v3.4 to our distribution. It comes with new features, a ton of fixes and refinements. Also a brand new spices website was created to get applets and desklets easy to install. We also updated most of our kernels and pushed out the latest LibreOffice and Thunderbird. We have also the lastest KDE-Framework and Mesa-Stack added to this update-pack.

Please give us feedback as usual and report any issues you may see with this update.

Current supported Kernels

• linux310 3.10.105
  • linux312 3.12.74 [EOL]
  • linux316 3.16.42
  • linux318 3.18.53 [EOL]
  • linux41 4.1.39
  • linux44 4.4.68
  • linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
  • linux49 4.9.28
  • linux410 4.10.16
  • linux411 4.11.1
  • linux-RT-LTS 4.4.66_rt79 (x86_64)
  • linux-RT 4.9.27_rt18 (x86_64)

Package Updates (Fri May 19 06:07:01 CEST 2017)

• stable community i686: 269 new and 244 removed package(s)
  • stable community x86_64: 287 new and 261 removed package(s)
  • stable core i686: 22 new and 22 removed package(s)
  • stable core x86_64: 22 new and 22 removed package(s)
  • stable extra i686: 360 new and 353 removed package(s)
  • stable extra x86_64: 360 new and 353 removed package(s)
  • stable multilib x86_64: 6 new and 2 removed package(s)

A detailed list of package changes can be found here.

• No issues, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
  • Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

Now issues, perfect update, thanks to the manjaro-team!
Kernel 4.11.1 works now on my laptop too :slight_smile:

Smooth update as usual. Many thanks Manjaro Team :smile:

Very smooth - Thank you - and the wrong chars during boot with 4.11.1 are gone - the ACPI errors right after loading the kernel are still there though.

Went just fine!
Thank you! :grin:

Smooth update with terminal, KDE edition on 2 machines. Thanks !

Completely smooth on KDE, running linux411. The disaster following the last update taught me to never again update from the gui. At least in linux-land you’re still left free enough to learn your own lessons :wink:

I have this problem. Seem like the kernel can’t update.

1/11) Updating linux44 initcpios ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux44.preset: 'default' -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-4.4-i686 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-4.4-i686.img ==> Starting build: 4.4.68-1-MANJARO -> Running build hook: [base] -> Running build hook: [udev] -> Running build hook: [autodetect] -> Running build hook: [modconf] -> Running build hook: [block] -> Running build hook: [keyboard] -> Running build hook: [keymap] ==> ERROR: Hook 'plymouth' cannot be found -> Running build hook: [resume] -> Running build hook: [filesystems] -> Running build hook: [fsck] ==> Generating module dependencies ==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-4.4-i686.img ==> WARNING: errors were encountered during the build. The image may not be complete. ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux44.preset: 'fallback' -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-4.4-i686 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-4.4-i686-fallback.img -S autodetect ==> Starting build: 4.4.68-1-MANJARO -> Running build hook: [base] -> Running build hook: [udev] -> Running build hook: [modconf] -> Running build hook: [block] -> Running build hook: [keyboard] -> Running build hook: [keymap] ==> ERROR: Hook 'plymouth' cannot be found -> Running build hook: [resume] -> Running build hook: [filesystems] -> Running build hook: [fsck] ==> Generating module dependencies ==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-4.4-i686-fallback.img ==> WARNING: errors were encountered during the build. The image may not be complete. error: command failed to execute correctly
please help

Did you remove the plymouth start slash without updating the kernel hooks?

I don’t know what is that. But i try to install kernel 4.9 and remove 4.4 now.

Keep always at least one working kernel ^^

Do you have a graphic show at boot (that is plymouth) or do you see the text prompt?

Yes. I saw many code line which i don’t understand. Do you know how to turn those off ?

Updated without any problems!

Thank you Manjaro Team!!!

Manjaro KDE successfully updated on two machines. No issues. Thank you Manjaro Team!

Clean update via the konsole, thank you. I did not get a Libre Office update, because I think the default for stable is libreoffice-still. But I did get the KDE Frameworks 5.34 and linux49 4.9.28-1. Rebooted, and all is fine.

All seems okay here.

You know, what do these updates actually do ? I mean I know it’s updating software and kernel to newer versions, but like everything seems the same apart from dmesg output. Could we at least get a chiptune and maybe a demoscene scrolley on sucessful bootup after the update j/k lol

@mparillo, you can easilly uninstall the “still” and replace it by “fresh” even in the stable branch. I did this once - with octopi - about 3 months ago, and since then I run the “fresh” version in the stable branch without issue.

Manjaro KDE updated without any problems. Thank you for another smooth update Manjaro Team!

One minor thing I would like to mention, removing an older kernel ( in my case linux 4.10 ) after the update. With manjaro kernel manager.
Grub didn’t update the boot entrys, so I had to manually update-grub.

My conky get messed up, have to fine tune it again. But beside that, no issues.

Manjaro Cinnamon … all went fine. Thanks :slight_smile: