[Stable Update] 2017-05-12 - Kernels, KDE, KDE Apps, Gnome, Browsers

update
stable

Hi,
same issue, same solution. Thank you Leandro.
After this update Thunar opens only with a long delay - again. I fix it with the proposition of Lumi: http://www.manjaro-forum.de/index.php/topic,590.msg3911.html#msg3911
Not for the first time. I have to fix it after every big update. :worried:
BUT … Thank you for the great work, Manjaro team.

yes i want to solve it
when i using cinnamon it didn’t appear
after switching ti KDE
it’s appear when i boot
and i try 4.10 and 4.11
and nothing changed

We are currently testing new Cinnamon packages in our unstable branch.

Total Download Size:   1005.86 MiB
Total Installed Size:  4331.98 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       213.08 MiB

With 349 packages, this one was a real whopper. Went blazingly fast and smooth!

Thank you Manjaro team! :heart:

Thanks much

Here is what I did after looking it up Arch_Removing_Packages

####Always a good idea to use clonezilla live USB to take a system image to an external drive before a major upgrade like this imho.

####Also a good time to look at /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist Arch_wiki To enable mirrors, edit /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and locate your geographic region. Uncomment mirrors you would like to use.

$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases…
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade…
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gstreamer0.10-good-plugins: installing libsoup (2.58.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libsoup-gnome’
$ sudo pacman -Rs gstreamer0.10-good-plugins
checking dependencies…

Packages (2) gstreamer0.10-good-0.10.31-27 gstreamer0.10-good-plugins-0.10.31-27

Total Removed Size: 5.09 MiB

:: Do you want to remove these packages? [Y/n] y
:: Running pre-transaction hooks…
(1/1) Uninstalling GConf schemas…
:: Processing package changes…
(1/2) removing gstreamer0.10-good-plugins [##########################################] 100%
(2/2) removing gstreamer0.10-good [##########################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks…
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate…
$ sudo pacman -Syyuu

#and then go make some tea. :smile:

Problem with clementine

Hello, just now tried update, everything seemed to be going fine [225 of 253 upgrades completed] then:

error: problem occurred while upgrading palemoon-bin
error: could not commit transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (transaction aborted)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

any ideas? thanks

Oh I have exotic hardware alright as I found out during my latest escapades in another thread.

My installation has survived a good few updates without issue so far. It’s just reading the forum a few things seem to be happening/breaking with this one.

But I’ll give it a go once I’ve made a few bootable usb sticks with different oses, just incase. I’m probably making a big deal out of nothing as usual lol

Yea, you’ll be fine you know the ropes.

Uninstall palemoon-bin first, do the update and reinstall it. Else you might have some harddrive space issue. Please check.

@all: the next update review cycle just started …

Got some issues with network connection since the update. I just lost the connection randomly, usually after 1 to 2 hours of being connected. When it occurs I just have to disconnect-reconnect from the Network-Manager (in KDE).
Same behaviour with different kernels. Same if I am connected LAN or Wireless.
I believe this to be linked to the upgrade of the network-manager package, but I am not 100% sure. Does anyone else experiment this in KDE after last update ? (I am running KDE edition since Nov. 2016 without issues).
Would you recommend to downgrade the network-manager package ?

I upgraded to from Manjaro KDE v. 17.0.1 to v. 17.0.2, but screenfetch still lists v. 17.0.1:

Is that normal?

Yes, as we only edited the version on our development ISOs and not on the installed systems.

The version numbers in Manjaro are mostly related to the install media, and much less to the state of your updates. As such the version number on your system is updated more irregularly.

In short, there is no such thing as an update from 17.0.1 to 17.0.2, but only an update to Manjaro.

good job
but why this error happened
when i switched from cinnamon to KDE

amdgpu: [ powerplay ] VBIOS did not find boot engine clock value in dependency table. Using Memory DPM level 0!

Updated from [Stable Update] 2017-04-25 to this update with

sudo pacman -Syyu

without problems :slight_smile:

One system (desktop) is Manjaro 17.0 MATE, and other system (Laptop) is Manjaro XFCE 17.0.1.

The update of my two computers has been flawlessly, both with Xfce desktop. Since it is a huge update I’ve used the TTY to do it.

Regards. :slight_smile:

I upgraded 2 KDE machines and haven’t found such issues. But I’d try downgrading NM to see if the problem got solved.

Great tips.
Also, after step 5.,
you should add this
sudo pacman-mirros -f 5
and then all other steps.

This command will add five fastest and up-to-date mirrors to mirror list. :slight_smile:
You can change number 5 to any other number.

Applying manjaro update from TTY

It went smooth. No issues reported. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

Those are generally good practices, but I don’t see the need to first download the packages if you’ll install them right after. Also, if you already synced mirrors on step 6 you don’t need to do it again on step 7. steps 6 and 7 could be sudo pacman -Syyu as it has the same effect.

snake2903’s tip is also a good one.