[Stable Update] 2017-05-12 - Kernels, KDE, KDE Apps, Gnome, Browsers

update
stable

I always use the terminal sudo pacman -Syu and keep your mirrors polished.
happy trails…

First run:

sudo pacman -S openssl-1.0 --force

and then:

sudo pacman -Syyu

TexLive problem - warning: kpathsea: texmf.cnf not found…

found this: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1596285#p1596285

installed texlive-core
checked by reinstalling texlive-bin

no errors.

What does the first command do?

Thanks… that did it

The command force pacman to overwrite these files (which exists in filesystem):

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman#.22Failed_to_commit_transaction_.28conflicting_files.29.22_error

Ok sorry I talked too fast. Now I rebooted and the system stops after decrypting, no warnings, no messages, it just stops loading. Ah Manjaro for newbies… who have time to fix updates… I booted on openSuse Tumbleweed, never had such problems on it.

Kde Manjaro here. No problem. Afther this update network is working better, no disconnect.

256 packages
617,76 MiB download
All smooth on XFCE 4.9.27-1 x86_64

Many thanks
Georg

No problem updating my main Manjaro XFCE partition.

Manjaro Budgie however had the strange problem of gnome-tweak-tool not working after the update. Perhaps there are changes in Gnome 3.24 that make tweak-tool no longer work in a DE that is not Gnome.

Have reported this in the relevant thread.

That might be right

Yes

No - they are ranked by response time - the time spent between the request for a specific file and the actual answer.

You’re right - that might be my next addition - a man page - that’ll be interesting :slight_smile:

In the meantime - the docs folder on Github might shed some light on the matter :slight_smile:

I mostly run v4.9 as of now. Other higher kernels are also fine …

Seems some went wrong on your end. Now you have a partial updated system with a broken package manager. However, I don’t know any libcuc.so.58. Typo? Can you link me a post?

The answer is already given in every announcement. Always check if your mirror had synced with our service.

On encrypted systems it is always not good to use the force switch. I always recommend to check the file conflicts using pacman -Qo <path/to/the/conflicting/file>. This will give you the package name including that file, or an answer that you had installed a file without using a package manager.

I’ve got this issue too on my laptop. I might have messed up the keyring a few days ago, making some updates difficult.
For today’s update, after doing the keyring reinstall process many times, i finally managed to make those keys trusted, by repeating the population of Manjaro’s keys.

sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman-key --populate manjaro
sudo pacman -Syu

I removed gstreamer0.10-good-plugins and all went well.

Grz ErwinC

Please help. My encrypted KDE stops booting after entering passphrase. I can log in as root on CTRL-ALT + F2, but can’t get to Plasma desktop. Could it be a problem with SDDM? How can I check?

Can you login as user on tty as well?
You could try installing another login manager and activate it, after activating the sddm.

Yes I can login as user on tty. I tried to install lightdm, then systemctl enabled, but booting always stops before graphical env. If I do kstart plasmashell, I get: "Error loading shared libraries libssl.so.1.0.0 no such file or directory. Any hint?

I have Problems on both my Test VB’s.

After installing the Update the Packages “xorg-server-utils” and “xorg-utils” are AUR Packages only.
I can Remove them, but after that, I-nex cannot be installed, while it needs “xorg-server-utils” as dependiences.

What can I do?

DK3

Are the additional openssl packages installed?

extra/openssl-1.0 1.0.2.k-3
    The Open Source toolkit for Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer
    Security
community/openssl-1.0-compat 1.0.2.k-1
    The Open Source library for Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer
    Security (without versioned symbols patch)
multilib/lib32-openssl-1.0 1.0.2.k-1
    The Open Source toolkit for Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer
    Security (32-bit)
multilib/lib32-openssl-1.0-compat 1.0.2.k-3
    The Open Source library for Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer
    Security (without versioned symbols patch)

Thanks, those files were missing. I installed them but now I get “cannot connect to X server” when I try to kstart plasmashell from tty. How can I get plasma to auto start as before update?