[Stable Update] 2017-05-12 - Kernels, KDE, KDE Apps, Gnome, Browsers

update
stable

I think reinstalling video driver will fix the issue.

sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300

or

sudo mhwd -a pci free 0300

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Configure_Graphics_Cards

Updated Manjaro-Gnome via Pamac. Running LTS kernel. Updated flawlessly.

Thank you, but no luck. I uninstalled my intel-nvidia-bumblebee driver and reinstalled with the mhwd -a nonfree command… still not able to boot

I’ve experienced a kind of error due to keys, as I refreshed keys first of all ( ‘pacman-key --init, --populate…, --refresh-keys’), what popped an error described:
Víctor:
gpg: Cantidad total procesada: 104
gpg: sin cambios: 63
gpg: nuevas firmas: 737
gpg: skipped packet of type 11 in keyring
gpg: [don’t know]: indeterminate length for invalid packet type 12
gpg: keyring_get_keyblock: read error: Invalid packet
gpg: keydb_get_keyblock failed: Invalid keyring
gpg: keydb_search failed: Invalid keyring
gpg: [don’t know]: partial length invalid for packet type 21
gpg: packet(1) with unknown version 138
gpg: [don’t know]: invalid packet (ctb=1f)
gpg: keyring_get_keyblock failed: Invalid keyring
gpg: fallo reconstruyendo caché del anillo de claves: Invalid keyring
gpg: marginals needed: 3 completes needed: 1 trust model: pgp
gpg: [don’t know]: partial length invalid for packet type 21
gpg: validate_key_list failed
==> ERROR: La clave local especificada no se pudo actualizar desde un servidor de claves.

Assisted by some more experienced users, I was told to install/reinstall archlinux-keyring and manjaro-keyring. The first one was successful, but the second one crashed with a message:
’_[baktor@Manxaro ~]$ sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring
[sudo] password for baktor:
advertencia: manjaro-keyring-20160527-1 está actualizado – reinstalándolo
resolviendo dependencias…
buscando conflictos entre paquetes…

Paquetes (1) manjaro-keyring-20160527-1

Tamaño total de la descarga: 0,06 MiB
Tamaño total de la instalación: 0,08 MiB
Tamaño neto tras actualizar: 0,00 MiB

:: ¿Continuar con la instalación? [S/n] s
:: Recibiendo los paquetes…
manjaro-keyring-201… 59,0 KiB 334K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
(1/1) comprobando las claves del depósito [######################] 100%
(1/1) verificando la integridad de los paquetes [######################] 100%
error: manjaro-keyring: signature from “Philip Müller (Called Little) philm@manjaro.org” is marginal trust
:: El archivo /var/cache/pacman/pkg/manjaro-keyring-20160527-1-any.pkg.tar.xz está dañado (paquete no válido o dañado (firma PGP)).
¿Quiere eliminarlo? [S/n] n
error: no se pudo realizar la operación (paquete no válido o dañado (firma PGP))
Ocurrieron errores, por lo que no se actualizaron los paquetes
[baktor@Manxaro ~]$
I am abled to update partially, but a lot of packages seems to have a not valid key or ( too much coincidence) corrupt.
If you need any translation on spanish writing above used, please tell me which you need to
Thanks in advance

No issues here, all went soooo good…congrats to the team!!!:slight_smile:

I need the machine up and running desperately right now, so I’m just gonna reinstall. Did a backup of my files before the update. Thanks for the help guys, better luck next time :wink:

No problem on KDE nor 4.11 kernel.

I also updated two XFCE Manjaro machines. All went smooth. I did it in a terminal.
First install/sync pacman-mirrors, setup pacman-mirrors and update.
To sum-up, in terminal:
sudo pacman -S pacman-mirrors sudo pacman-mirrors -i sudo pacman -Syyu

On one machine I had MegaSync installed and it gave me an error after the first reboot.
I reinstalled the megasync related packages (megasync, magasync-nautilus, megasync-thunar) and MegaSync is running again as before.

Congrats to the team! Great Job!!!

Lost Network after Update

Any trouble with 4.10? I’m getting my Ryzen next week. Not sure if I should upgrade to 4.11.

All OK with OpenRC 16.06 Xfce x86_64.

I suggest you to open a new thread in the following section, https://forum.manjaro.org/c/technical-issues-and-assistance/updating.

Had my first ever Gnome core dump, 10 minutes after I installed this update. :fearful:

-- Logs begin at Sun 2017-03-05 01:46:09 EST, end at Sat 2017-05-13 13:29:19 EDT. --
May 13 13:27:58 Z77M systemd-coredump[3558]: Process 857 (gnome-shell) of user 1000 dumped core.

Stack trace of thread 857:
                                             #0  0x00007f35e1478ed5 n/a (libgjs.so.0)
                                             #1  0x00007f35df59666a g_main_context_dispatch (libglib
                                             #2  0x00007f35df596a20 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                             #3  0x00007f35df596d42 g_main_loop_run (libglib-2.0.so.
                                             #4  0x00007f35e0d56d0c meta_run (libmutter-0.so.0)
                                             #5  0x0000000000401ff7 main (gnome-shell)
                                             #6  0x00007f35defaa511 __libc_start_main (libc.so.6)
                                             #7  0x000000000040212a n/a (gnome-shell)

Stack trace of thread 880:
                                             #0  0x00007f35df06c67d poll (libc.so.6)
                                             #1  0x00007f35df5969b6 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                             #2  0x00007f35df596acc g_main_context_iteration (libgli
                                             #3  0x00007f35c0de755d n/a (libdconfsettings.so)
                                             #4  0x00007f35df5be295 n/a (libglib-2.0.so.0)
                                             #5  0x00007f35df3352e7 start_thread (libpthread.so.0)
                                             #6  0x00007f35df07654f __clone (libc.so.6)

Stack trace of thread 897:
lines 1-23

After this update, the search entry in /etc/resolv.conf includes the hostname, not the domain only which breaks the lookup of hosts within this domain.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Greetings,
Andreas

PS: the rest of the update went smooth after removing the gstreamer-good plugins.

Cinnamon, kernel 4.9
updated through terminal sudo pacman -Syyu

No issues. tip top!

Many thanks.

Hi! I just Update
I lost my network card so no internet (so i boot from windows :rage:)
my card informaion

Card: Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection driver: e1000e v: 3.2.6-k port: f040 bus-ID: 00:19.0
IF: eno1 state: down mac: 00:10:c6:b0:f0:3a

any idea? (now i have to reboot every time and test !!!)

Update Manjaro Cinnamon. Works flawless, like expected. Great Job !

I have already done my updates through a tty, with no issues. However I am curious why not use pamac for this?
And for my updates, I only did “sudo pacman -Syu” however I am seeing lots of users doing “-Syyu”… would that have made a difference?

https://www.archlinux.org/pacman/pacman.8.html

-y, --refresh
Download a fresh copy of the master package database from the server(s) defined in pacman.conf(5). This should typically be used each time you use --sysupgrade or -u. Passing two --refresh or -y flags will force a refresh of all package databases, even if they appear to be up-to-date.

Hi, had the same problem of gtreamer posted above, uninstalled it, but during the updating process the terminal just froze, no cursor or system response, I updated from the terminal, not the tty. Had to restart, and after grub the the pc stays in a command list of ok’s I enter on the tty and when I try to run the update the following error appears:

pacman error while loading shared libraries: libcuc.so.58: cannot open shared object file:No such file or directory

I’ve found some posts about installing libcuc.so.58, however it seems I dont internet acces on the tty.

Thanks for the help
Carlos

Thank you kindly for the info. :smiley: I really appreciate it and I am learning a ton of new stuff. :slight_smile: