this is one of our bigger updates and will bring a lot of different changes to Manjaro. It is recommended to read also some of our testing announcements depending on the topic. It is strongly recommended to do this update as a full update and not partial!. Please use pacman from a terminal for not breaking your system.
So what changed? Well, we started with Plasma5, Gnome, VirtualBox, OpenSSL, ICU, added then Nvidia, XFCE-GTK3, X-Apps, Kodi-Plugins, moved on to Firefox, X-Apps, Gstreamer, Bluez, had some Kernels, NoSystemd, Python, Haskell, then worked on Kernel, Virtualbox, Haskell, Gnome and finalized with NetworkManager, Chromium, KDE Apps, Pamac.
Most might have some issues with the OpenSSL or ICU update. We have some recommendation for some Steam Games.
So take your time with this update and ask us anything if some might go not so well for you. There will be a solution for it for sure. Please give us feedback as usual and report any issues you may see with this update.
Current supported Kernels
- linux310 3.10.105
- linux312 3.12.74 [EOL]
- linux316 3.16.42
- linux318 3.18.52
- linux41 4.1.39
- linux44 4.4.67
- linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
- linux49 4.9.27
- linux410 4.10.15
- linux411 4.11.0
- linux-RT-LTS 4.4.66_rt79
- linux-RT 4.9.20_rt16
Package Updates (Fri May 12 17:46:31 CEST 2017)
- stable community i686: 1114 new and 1090 removed package(s)
- stable community x86_64: 1140 new and 1111 removed package(s)
- stable core i686: 69 new and 65 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 69 new and 65 removed package(s)
- stable extra i686: 1274 new and 1259 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 1274 new and 1259 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 55 new and 51 removed package(s)
A detailed list of package changes can be found here.
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: