[Stable Update] 2017-01-30 - Kernels, Steam, Budgie, Deepin, KDE Framework, Virtualbox

update
stable

Also worried about this warning. What apps use this? Browser plug-ins?

Couldn’t boot with linux49 after this update - but linux41 still working fine :slight_smile: I don’t understand why…

Hi @likeabag,

I you want to remove gstreamer0.10 have a look at this topic.

And @Tids post a link to an Arch article for phase out gsteamer.

Take a look in the journal logs for the kernel 4.9 boot that failed.

journalctl -p err -b -1

where n is the number of boots before the current one that failed with kernel 4.9.

If you cannot remember then try to boot into 4.9, let it fail, boot into 4.1 successfully, then run

journalctl -p err -b -n

and look for errors indicating why your system failed to boot.

Might be better to post this info in a new thread, detailing your system inxi -Fx and the issues encountered.

Firefox Arc theme got updated to be compatible with firefox 51 yet firefox was forgotten to be updated to 51, so now I can’t use the theme :open_mouth:

Yeah, I wonder why that is?
According the the firefox-kde PKGBUILD Manjaro maintains, it has updated to 51, so the regular should also have been.

Firefox 51 is in unstable currently, but hasn’t been migrated to test yet.

Thanks I will install it from unstable.

Also steam-manjaro got uninstalled cause it was in conflict with steam-native… To get steam working again, just install steam-manjaro again.

Try pacaur. It still asks all the questions, but even if updating multiple packages, it asks them all together at one time. Also octopi has pacaur as optional dependency and when installed, octopi uses it.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pacaur/

You shouldn’t install a single application from unstable, you would have to change your entire system to unstable, then update. Not sure this is advisable for a single app like Firefox, unstable can have issues.

Just wait a little while and it will migrate to stable shortly.

Thanks for the heads up. The point I wanted to raise was that when I opted not to continue with the install it should not have proceeded with the “Starting full system upgrade…”

But nonetheless, the upgrade was smooth as usual.

I just did it, it works fine, I updated firefox, nss and ca-certificates-mozilla :slight_smile:

Not really advisable though, easy way to get yourself into dependency hell.

True, but in case of Firefox it’s quite easy. Just need updated nss. I provide firefox packages on my dropbox for those who are interested.

Smooth update, thank you!

I am on Budgie too… in my case update worked without problems. I couldnt reproduce your error…

I just noticed that the Indonesian repo is gone now

The guys in this thread found the package that broke LightDM in some Gnome/Budgie installations, so if you run into this same issue just downgrade to ‘webkit2gtk-2.14.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz’:

cd /var/cache/pacman/pkg
sudo pacman -U webkit2gtk-2.14.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz'

Cheers!

Help, Have to Ctrl+Alt+F2 to start gdm

Hello.
About webkit2gtk:

pacman -Qi webkit2gtk
Required by             : gufw

About gstreamer

pacman -Qi gstreamer
Required by             : gst-plugins-base-libs  parole

Parole is a default music/video player in Xfce OpenRC (i don’t know in other distributions).

pacman -Qi gst-plugins-base-libs
Requiered by : evince gst-libav gst-plugins-base gst-plugins-good parole qt5-multimedia webkit2gtk webkitgtk wxgtk xfburn

I did:
:: Replace cdrkit with community/cdrtools? [Y/n] y

Also some packages got moved to the AUR:

$ pacman -Qqem
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr
google-chrome
gstreamer0.10-bad-plugins
gstreamer0.10-base-plugins
gstreamer0.10-good-plugins
gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins
passwordsafe
udisks

I removed the AUR packages I did not recognize:

$ pacman -Qqem
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr
google-chrome
passwordsafe

Re-booted and Octopi still thinks I need gstreamer from the AUR:

gstreamer0.10 0.10.36-11  (2017-01-28 15:12)