it has been a while since we updated our stable branch. This was partly a result of me being on vacation.
With this update we now have the latest Virtualbox v5.1.14, some new kernels, latest Lumina and Budgie desktop updated. Friends of coding may find the latest Ruby now in our repositories. Also included are KDE Frameworks 5.30 packages and the majority of Deepin 15.4rc packages.
Hugo, Frede and Ramon have recently worked on a lot of improvements for our pacman-mirrors package, mainly on the GUI that can be invoked with the
-i option. A new
--verbose has been added and some old issues finally straightened out.
Teo released Calamares v3.0.1, which includes some needed fixes you can now test with Manjaro 17.0 Beta1.
You also find the latest Upstream updates up till Fri Jan 27 18:42:25 CET 2017. gstreamer v0.10 and some depending packages on the other hand got removed. Please check your systems, as most of these packages got moved to the AUR, as support was put on hold for these applications and libraries.
All changes can be also reviewed here.
Enjoy and report back as usual …
Philip and the Manjaro Development Team
Current supported kernels
- linux310 3.10.104
- linux312 3.12.69
- linux316 3.16.39
- linux318 3.18.47
- linux41 4.1.38
- linux44 4.4.45
- linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
- linux49 4.9.6
- linux410 4.10-rc5
- linux-RT-LTS 4.4.39_rt50
- linux-RT 4.9.4_rt2
- stable community i686: 750 new and 755 removed package(s)
- stable community x86_64: 776 new and 781 removed package(s)
- stable core i686: 36 new and 37 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 36 new and 37 removed package(s)
- stable extra i686: 452 new and 504 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 452 new and 504 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 22 new and 29 removed package(s)
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)