[Stable Update] 2017-01-17 - Python, Xorg, Ruby, Gcc, Inkscape

update
stable

Small issues:

Aktualisiere pacman-mirrorlist                                                   [#####################################################] 100%
Fehler: Befehl konnte nicht korrekt ausgeführt werden

==> Lade PKGBUILD von xf86-input-joystick aus dem AUR herunter...
x .SRCINFO
x 50-joystick.conf
x PKGBUILD
xf86-input-joystick 1.6.3-1  (2017-01-12 11:50)
(Nicht unterstütztes Paket: Potenziell gefährlich!)
==> PKGBUILD bearbeiten? [J/n] („A“ zum Abbrechen)

The first: In which way can i update the mirror-list manually?
The second: I don’t use a joystick and therefore i don’t need this package, but would know, why this package will be load from aur?

I found the solution here https://gist.github.com/cryzed/e002e7057435f02cc7894b9e748c5671

Useful for those who have installed bohoomil’s infinality bundle. Pay special attention to run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache as root after you finished. This will bring back the pretty icons.

Update: I already miss infinality-bundle

I guess you used yaourt -Syyua to update right? or maybe pamac call it? I don’t know pamac then I can’t say if it also update AUR package.
those package has been removed from repository and moved to AUR. then yaourt find them and things they are comming from AUR.

Hi, here the KDE Version updated without hickups, opted in Octopi to go into the Terminal for this biggie (700MB of downloads).

Update went fine. Thanks to the team. :+1:

There’s one question for me. Can someone explain main what oberon means with:

1. After update I can’t find the font “Xos4 Terminus”.
$ locate Xos4
and
$ pacman -Qs Xos4
find nothing

I still find only the font terminus:
$ pacman -Qs terminus
local/terminus-font 4.40-2.1
Monospace bitmap font (for X11 and console)

Do I have to change/rename something?

2. …rename the font accordingly in your settings!..
In which settings should I have to rename the font now?

It is needed only if you use Terminus font. Check fc-match Terminus and fc-match 'xos4 Terminus' and see. If you use Terminus in config files you have to change “Terminus” to “xos4 Terminus” in those files.
Or you can make an alias:

everything ok so far, but there were a couple messages just before “welcome to Manjaro” that i didn’t quite catch because they scrolled by so fast…
and then i got “nohz local_softirq_pending 02” on the login screen (i don’t use a DM). i believe this might be something to do with the RT kernel i’m using. currently googling for more info

Yes, that’s with the update of the rt-kernel to 4.9 base-kernel. It simply indicated the NOHZ_FULL config we are applying.

The package is still terminus-font, it wasn’t even updated. But in your config (with lxappearance and other tools) now you have to set “Xos4 Terminus” to use it - don’t ask why, but apparently freetype thinks that this provides more information about the font and that this is an improvement :wink: :rolling_eyes:

should i disregard?

Yes, it’s fine!

Amd athlon k125, intel core i3 2367m, xfce minimal, no probs. Alles gut !! Great team !!

I was in the middle of the update when the power went out. And not just me, the whole neighbourhood’s power was cut for three hours.

We never had problems like this when Phil was doing the updates!
:grinning:

Actually, when the power came back I closed things down cleanly, rebooted, restarted the update and everything went through smoothly. Another boring update, just the way I like them :thumbsup:

[Stable Update] 2017-01-30 - Kernels, Steam, Budgie, Deepin, KDE Framework, Virtualbox

Ok, best laugh of the day! :laughing:

What ever you do, don’t erase your hard drive. Your entire neighborhood would disappear.

Absolute no problems on Plasma.
Thanks to the Team!

Quad core Intel Core i5-4570
Kernel: 4.9.2-1-MANJARO x86_64
Cedar [Radeon HD 7350/8350 / R5 220]
Display Server: X.Org 1.19.1 driver: radeon
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.8.5 (Qt 5.7.1)

Beautiful work @oberon.
Some kernel versions are in the testing repository. Very good. :wink:
There are packages of extra and community that do not interfere with operation system, you do not need to accumulate updates for these packages.
Core updates require greater care.

Used pamac, no problems. Thanks.

Updated via the cli and on reboot and login got:

Could not start kdeinit5. Check your installation

Corrected by following the guide for Infinality fonts removal in a tty. Rebooted and all is well.

Smooth update, no problems. :+1::+1:

First time with https mirrors, a bit slower but by not that much. Having to use more distant locations to get https links. :expressionless:

Big update for me, nearly 1GB download, but all went very smoothly on KDE.

Great work @oberon and the Manjaro team, many thanks.

EDIT: Using my system for a couple of hours and it is flying, xorg 1.19 update performance improvements are very noticeable to me. Manjaro KDE is such a pleasure to use.