[Stable Update] 2017-01-17 - Python, Xorg, Ruby, Gcc, Inkscape

update
stable

Buckle up, this is a huge update! :wink:

Python got updated to 3.6 and a huge amount of other packages depending on it needed to be rebuilt for that reason.

• Mind that some of your packages from the AUR might also need a rebuild.
    To identify these, do the stable update first and then check if libraries are still installed in the directory /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages:
    pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages
    will return the packages owning such files. If this returns empty you don’t need to do anything. If it returns packages from the AUR, you need to reinstall them with
    yaourt -S <packagename>

With this update Xorg-server is updated to 1.19. Experience on unstable and testing branches suggests that everything was well prepared and the update should be rather uneventful.

• You will be asked to remove deprecated drivers xf86-input-acecad and xf86-input-joystick. Please confirm that.

freetype2 is going to “rename” terminus-font to "Xos4 Terminus".

• Please make sure to rename the font accordingly in your settings!

The update of harfbuzz is incompatible with infinality-bundle! This is a serious problem on Plasma 5 and kinit will fail!

New in our repos is cinnamon-sounds, a collection of the original Linuxmint system-sounds for the Mate and Cinnamon desktops.
We have new version of Inkscape (0.92), ruby (2.4) and gcc (6.3.1)
The new default manjaro-KDE themes collection Breath, again designed by @mcder3, is now almost final with: plasma5-themes-breath, breath-wallpaper, breath-icon-theme , breath-dark-icon-theme and sddm-breath-theme - a few more adjustments to the wallpaper are still in preparation.
Xreader has now added epub support, Deepin-desktop received a bugfix and some KDE apps were updated aswell.
All kernels of the 4.x series and our rt-lts-kernel have seen new point releases. With the more progressive linux-rt-manjaro we have now moved on to base-kernel 4.9.

• Linux48 has been labelled End-Of-Life and will be removed in the near future. So please consider moving on to linux49, which is going to be the next LTS kernel.

Security updates include flashplugin and python-crypto.

core i686:  36 new and 35 removed packages
core x86_64:  36 new and 35 removed packages
extra i686:  714 new and 754 removed packages
extra x86_64:  714 new and 754 removed packages
community i686:  1637 new and 1620 removed packages
community x86_64:  1679 new and 1664 removed packages
multilib x86_64:  36 new and 34 removed packages

The full list of package changes can be found here.

Please give us feedback and report your findings and issues in the thread below as usual.

Current supported kernels

• linux310 3.10.104
  • linux312 3.12.69
  • linux316 3.16.39
  • linux318 3.18.46
  • linux41 4.1.37
  • linux44 4.4.41
  • linux48 4.8.17 [EOL]
  • linux49 4.9.2
  • linux410 4.10-rc3
  • linux-RT-LTS 4.4.39_rt50
  • linux-RT 4.9_rt1
  • No issues, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
  • Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Unable to update my kde manjaro
Caffeine-ng not working since update
[Stable Update] 2017-01-30 - Kernels, Steam, Budgie, Deepin, KDE Framework, Virtualbox
[SOLVED] Quite some conflicts, is that normal?

Dear fellow users, there are many packages which get updated in this update at once, this can cause errors not found in Testing!
If you are not sure about your skills to fix a possible breakage wait a couple of hours before updating to see if others post about issues.

thanks for this flawless update!

Only thing to note is that people should use pacman to apply this update, pacaur wanted to remove my xserver…

-> xf86-input-libinput and xorg-server are in conflict (xorg-server). Remove xorg-server? [y/N] ^C

Regards,

It worked perfectly fine - so far have not found anything that is not working. Used the gui-update-manager to do it and went great. Thanks once again =D

A huge update indeed, around 500mb, but no probs at all.
I’ve used pamac to update the system.

Couldn’t update with octopi, it just hanged. Updated with pacman, had to remove a few things

details=Summary removing xf86-input-joystick
(2/5) removing xf86-input-acecad
(3/5) removing calligra-l10n-uk
(4/5) removing calligra-karbon
(5/5) removing calligra-libs[/details]
I’m not using joystick as mouse replacemen but what if i will? Will i need to downgrade X server or wait a package update or libinput will/have its functionality?

Funny, in preview Summary works but in the actual post it doesn’t.

Everything ok, no issues.
Just oone question - after update i’ve got info that some packages are newer than in repo

For example (sorry for Polish):

ostrzeżenie: xf86-input-void: local (1.4.1-3) jest nowsze niż extra (1.4.1-2)
ostrzeżenie: xorg-server: local (1.19.1-1) jest nowsze niż extra (1.18.4-1)
ostrzeżenie: xorg-server-common: local (1.19.1-1) jest nowsze niż extra (1.18.4-1)
ostrzeżenie: xorg-server-xwayland: local (1.19.1-1) jest nowsze niż extra (1.18.4-1)

Have i done sth wrong? Updated as always by

sudo pacman -Syyu

Edit: Already solved it - just changed mirrors to Germany :wink:

I think those are being removed because they’ve been integrated into some other package.

What ‘Summary’?

most of the xf86-input, xf86-video packages that were removed from repository are now in AUR if needed. (as long it will be maintened)
see arch news:
https://www.archlinux.org/news/xorg-server-1191-is-now-in-extra/

Ah, wrong name, Hide Details in this forum.

With this update mt13 with 16.10 git building stable has this error

Targets   : xf86-video-apm  xf86-video-ark  xf86-video-ati  xf86-video-amdgpu  xf86-video-chips  xf86-video-dummy  xf86-video-fbdev  xf86-video-glint  xf86-video-i128  xf86-video-i740  xf86-video-intel  xf86-video-mach64  xf86-video-neomagic  xf86-video-nouveau  xf86-video-nv  xf86-video-openchrome  xf86-video-r128  xf86-video-rendition  xf86-video-s3  xf86-video-s3virge  xf86-video-savage  xf86-video-siliconmotion  xf86-video-sis  xf86-video-sisusb  xf86-video-tdfx  xf86-video-trident  xf86-video-tseng  xf86-video-vesa  xf86-video-vmware  xf86-video-voodoo  bumblebee  primus  lib32-primus  linux44-bbswitch  linux44-broadcom-wl  linux44-rt3562sta  linux44-r8168  catalyst-utils  linux44-catalyst  nvidia-utils  linux44-nvidia  nvidia-340xx-utils  linux44-nvidia-340xx  nvidia-304xx-utils  linux44-nvidia-304xx  lib32-catalyst-utils  lib32-nvidia-utils  lib32-nvidia-304xx-utils  lib32-nvidia-340xx-utils  virtualbox-guest-utils  linux44-virtualbox-guest-modules  libxaw  libxpm  libxvmc  pangox-compat  lib32-libxvmc  open-vm-tools  xf86-input-vmmouse  mesa-vdpau  libva-intel-driver  libva-mesa-driver  libva-vdpau-driver  opencl-mesa
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                                       142.4 KiB  1295K/s 00:00 [###########################################################] 100%
 extra                                                                     1895.2 KiB  11.8M/s 00:00 [###########################################################] 100%
 community                                                                    4.1 MiB  20.2M/s 00:00 [###########################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                                   195.2 KiB  31.8M/s 00:00 [###########################################################] 100%
error: target not found: xf86-video-apm
error: target not found: xf86-video-ark
error: target not found: xf86-video-chips
error: target not found: xf86-video-glint
error: target not found: xf86-video-i128
error: target not found: xf86-video-i740
error: target not found: xf86-video-mach64
error: target not found: xf86-video-neomagic
error: target not found: xf86-video-nv
error: target not found: xf86-video-r128
error: target not found: xf86-video-rendition
error: target not found: xf86-video-s3
error: target not found: xf86-video-s3virge
error: target not found: xf86-video-savage
error: target not found: xf86-video-siliconmotion
error: target not found: xf86-video-sis
error: target not found: xf86-video-tdfx
error: target not found: xf86-video-trident
error: target not found: xf86-video-tseng
error: target not found: xf86-video-apm
error: target not found: xf86-video-ark
error: target not found: xf86-video-chips
error: target not found: xf86-video-glint
error: target not found: xf86-video-i128
error: target not found: xf86-video-i740
error: target not found: xf86-video-mach64
error: target not found: xf86-video-neomagic
error: target not found: xf86-video-nv
error: target not found: xf86-video-r128
error: target not found: xf86-video-rendition
error: target not found: xf86-video-s3
error: target not found: xf86-video-s3virge
error: target not found: xf86-video-savage
error: target not found: xf86-video-siliconmotion
error: target not found: xf86-video-sis
error: target not found: xf86-video-tdfx
error: target not found: xf86-video-trident
error: target not found: xf86-video-tseng
  -> Copying mhwd package cache ...
building file list ... done

sent 16 bytes  received 12 bytes  56.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
==> ERROR: File '/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/cinnamon-minimal/x86_64/mhwd-image/opt/pkg/*pkg*z' not found.
==> Creating updated database file '/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/cinnamon-minimal/x86_64/mhwd-image/opt/pkg/mhwd.db.tar.gz'
==> WARNING: No packages remain, creating empty database.
==> WARNING: No packages remain, creating empty database.
 --> Configuring mwwd db ...
  -> Disabling Catalyst driver
  -> Disabling Nvidia driver
  -> Disabling Nvidia Bumblebee driver
  -> Disabling Nvidia 304xx driver
  -> Disabling Nvidia 340xx driver
  -> Disabling AMD gpu driver
 --> overlayfs umount: [/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/cinnamon-minimal/x86_64/mhwd-image]

Note building testing yesterday had the above error but building stable was OK

My Cinnamon is Boinked. Can’t start X . Used yaourt -Syua for update - My bad for not reading this Forum first. I’m using a 5700 HD Ati card. Can anyone help me fix this problem ??? SAD

I don’t know anything about Manjaro tools. But as all those packages have been removed from repository. I guess they need to be removed somewhere in the profile you use.

Thanks yes that was the problem did not recognise it as no red error and the program did not stop.

no update available on my machine yet. impatience… :sweat_smile:

Oblogout stopped working:
"pyGTK missing, install python-gtk2"
pygtk is installed, and python-gtk2 does not exist.

Also several icons in the system tray seems to have gone: solaar, clipit and the volume icon.

Maybe you can try to change video driver to free/nonfree with mhwd?

Updated on 2 machines with KDE and Terminal. No issues at all. Great update ! :slight_smile:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/52416

seems related to infinality… are you using it?

Try to change the mirrors priorities… I had to play with the mirrors list for 15 minutes until I found one working. The repo list of updated mirrors seems not accurate for the moment.