[Stable Update] 2016-11-11 - Cinnamon 3.2, Gnome 3.22.3, KDE Apps 16.08.3, Calamares

update
stable

Thanks, another easy update. For KDE, I used Octopi for the full system upgrade, but chose the option to run in the terminal so I could look for messages. There were none. For Netbook, I used the graphical package manager, and it ran smoothly. In both cases, I re-started, and everything seems great.

No problem here (lxqt and 4.8.7), thanks.

There was a problem: I could see only black screen and a cursor after update and reboot.
My system was installed from the the netinstall wiht added Enlightenment DE.
So I went to other tty and removed ~/.ecore/ and ~/.elementary/. After that I could succesfully startx. Manjaro is working now, I only had to change theme from default to my beloved.

And thanks to development team for this very pleasant distro!

Fast & Easy :blush: Thank you !!!

Update failed. The following message showed up:

sudo pacman -Su
:: Starte vollständige Systemaktualisierung…
Warnung: menulibre: Lokale Version (1:2.1.0-1) ist neuer als community (2.1.3-1)
Löse Abhängigkeiten auf…
Suche nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen…

Pakete (106) atkmm-2.24.2+1+gf30b47f-1 boost-libs-1.62.0-3 clementine-1.3.1-4
cryptsetup-1.7.3-1 cups-filters-1.11.6-1 curl-7.51.0-1

xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin-0.5.0-1
xfce4-systemload-plugin-1.2.0-1 xfce4-terminal-0.8.1-1
xfce4-wavelan-plugin-0.6.0-1 xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin-1.6.1-1
xfsprogs-4.8.0-1

Gesamtgröße der installierten Pakete: 1110.37 MiB
Größendifferenz der Aktualisierung: -2.40 MiB

:: Installation fortsetzen? [J/n] j
(106/106) Prüfe Schlüssel im Schlüsselring [######################] 100%
(106/106) Überprüfe Paket-Integrität [######################] 100%
(106/106) Lade Paket-Dateien [######################] 100%
(106/106) Prüfe auf Dateikonflikte [######################] 100%
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht durchführen (In Konflikt stehende Dateien)
pacman-mirrorlist: /etc/pacman.d/mirrors/Africa existiert im Dateisystem
pacman-mirrorlist: /etc/pacman.d/mirrors/Australia existiert im Dateisystem
pacman-mirrorlist: /etc/pacman.d/mirrors/Austria existiert im Dateisystem
…existiert im Dateisystem
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.

What’s the problem?

solved:
before updating:

pacman -Sy --force pacman-mirrorlist

Solved performance drop in Dolphin with linux 4.8.7 - I was using ‘glamour’ acceleration method. Using the default AccelMethod I got everything just right

I dont know if it’s a problem of the update but here it is:

I have ttf-ms-fonts installed since ever in manjaro (xfce) but suddenly this fonts became “ugly”. For example, Arial font doesnt recognize simbols like: ^ ´ ` and the letters seems to be something incomplete, for examplo, letter A is missing a parte of the horizontal line of the letter. I tried to mark the option that force OpenGL use in any case but it doens’t work and libreoffice doesn’t open with this option checked. It shows an error when I try to open it for the first time after check this OpenGl option but when I try to open it for the second time, it opens but with this option without the ckeck. I’ve tried to reinstall everything but this bug still remains. Any idea to solve this? Thanks for the future help.

Have you turned on antialiasing of fonts? You probably want that on.
http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/appearance

Also maybe check out:

Everything is Just like the tutorial of xfce4 and the post aboutbthe change in a file in /.config didnt work :confused:
Letters like à á ã when I type a Square appears
It occurs Just in ms fonts: Arial, times New Roman.

With this update I received new update for gRadio from AUR.
Now it doesn’t run.
> sudo gradio

[sudo] password for saeed:

(gradio:11467): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema ‘de.haecker-felix.gradio’ is not installed

Or without sudo:

(gradio:11477): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:4358:56: Using one color stop with linear-gradient() is deprecated.

(gradio:11477): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema ‘de.haecker-felix.gradio’ is not installed

Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

I installed gnome-tweak-tool. But it doesn’t open either.

WARNING : Shell not installed or running

(gnome-tweak-tool:11757): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_proxy_get_name_owner: assertion ‘G_IS_DBUS_PROXY (proxy)’ failed

(gnome-tweak-tool:11757): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to get an inhibit portal proxy: The name org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop is not owned

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtweak/tweaks/tweak_group_shell.py”, line 50, in init
default = self.STATUS.keys()[self.STATUS.values().index(self.settings[self.key_name])]
ValueError: None is not in list

@Aditya- If you are having problems with the mirror speeds, why not try:

sudo pacman-mirrors -g
Do this before updating your system!

Also checkout the pacman tips from manjaro wiki.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

PS: My update was smooth! Thanks guys : )
DE: Gnome
Kernel: linux44

Yes I do that, but it seems like the servers are overloaded during the initial hours of update. Not a big issue though, as I always prefer to update on the next day, after enough votes have been cast

Update went fine. although PRIME is not working yet (broke after last update, probably as graphics driver was updated at that time) also 4.9.x does not detect wifi card rtl8723be(works fine with previous kernels ).

Sorry for not providing more details. I’ve got an exam coming soon :slight_smile:

gRadio is an aur package, so you have to report it here (adding a comment) in order to fix it his maintainer.
Do you get the same issue with gradio-git?

Touchpad problem solved on Cinnamon, I have no longer xf86-input-synaptics package needed to install for fixing it. KDE has no problem after upgrade.

Thanks guys!

Arc Theme users can see incorrect background color in menu applets.

Here to solve at the moment.

freetye 2.7.x has implemented by default automatic subpixel hinting for truetype fonts (AKA ClearType hinting).

Verify your /etc/profile.d/freetype.sh file, its default contents are:

# Subpixel hinting mode can be chosen by setting the right TrueType interpreter
# version. The available settings are:
#
#     truetype:interpreter-version=35  # Classic mode (default in 2.6)
#     truetype:interpreter-version=38  # Infinality mode
#     truetype:interpreter-version=40  # Minimal mode (default in 2.7)
#
# There are more properties that can be set, separated by whitespace. Please
# refer to the FreeType documentation for details.

# Uncomment and configure below
#export FREETYPE_PROPERTIES="truetype:interpreter-version=40"

Everything went smoothly except xfce terminal in drop down mode still opens in leftmost monitor on multi monitor setup although move to monitor with pointer option is selected.

thanks,

You must do sudo glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/

Hi, I already wrote it some time ago. Right after update USBs are off and i can’t mount anything. Only after reboot everything is back to normal. Confirmed on multiple devices. Why is this happening and what do i need to do to enable USB ports without rebooting? It happens only with Manjaro.

Kernel: 4.4.31-1-MANJARO x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.8.3