[Stable Update] 2016-11-07 - Mesa, Linux49, Plasma, LibreOffice, Pamac

update
stable

Flawless :slight_smile: THANK YOU!

missing the kernel 4.8.6 released in 31 of october

It all worked out smoothly no problem at all through command line . i am using manjaro kde

Phil’s reply from testing update:

Nothing to report. Used pamac. Did it all. But sticking to 4.8.5-2 for a while. Thanks for the update.

Everything was smooth during the update. Thanks a lot guys.

DE: Gnome
Kernel: linux44

Hello Manjaro Team , I have a problem with the permission rights for Desktop Wine app at startup. My app is called Taskplus Calendar --> http://www.contactplus.com/aolweb/taskplus/ I’ve used this calendar for years. As of a few updates ago it does not launch at startup. This is what KDE is telling me ( Could not save properties. You do not have sufficient access to write to /home/zenapple/.local/share/applications/rt/Task Plus.desktop.desktop)

You see I use the desktop Taskplus Link to autostart calendar at boot.

So I ls -la to see my permission rights
-rwxrw-rw- 1 zenapple zenapple 430 Oct 31 19:30 ‘Task Plus.desktop’

I’m not sure whats wrong. Not sure how to change permissions - Help !?!

Hey there,

I’m having small issues with the xfce4-netload-plugin 1.3.0-1 and the xfce4-systemload-plugin 1.2.0-1, both configured to show bars.

The netload-plugin is showing the correct numbers, but the bars are never reaching the bottom. The lowest it shows is about 5% while it still can reach higher values.
The systemload-plugin shows the correct values when hovering over it with the mouse, the bars behave similar to the netload-plugin.

I tried to restart my session and removing/adding the plugins. It did not help.
Any ideas? Otherwise I could live with it. I just wanted to mention it for sake of completeness.
I’m running Xfce 4.12.3 with Kernel 4.8.5-2.

Update on 12 Machines without Problems.

DK3

(58/58) checking for file conflicts [######################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans-mono.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-sans.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/20-unhint-small-dejavu-serif.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-sans-mono.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-sans.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-dejavu: /etc/fonts/conf.d/57-dejavu-serif.conf exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

so i figured i’d remove that font and it wants to take gnome-themes-standard and xfce4-settings with it.

I see this also.

Since all your errors concern only that one font, maybe you could use --force for this one time?

Updated xfce with kernel 4.8, all seems well at the moment.

All seemed smooth on a pretty vanilla KDE edition using Octopi. The old four polygon Manjaro logo still shows on:
My GRUB Screen
The progress screen that loads after I enter my password to SDDM.
The Kicker Application Launcher Icon
The large Icon on kinfocenter.

Hi,

opening qt5ct , I receive the error: Please remove the QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE environment variable. Whit sudo rights, this not happens.

Also avidemux-qt looks bad, how I could fix that usinfg qt settings?

Any word on when the Nvidia 375.10 x86_64 driver will be pushed into stable?

It’s still a beta release!

Version: 375.10 BETA
Release Date: 2016.10.20

JohnW

I updated 4 of 5 Manjaro boxes it went except for on my work machine. It was funny I booted it up and the network manager finally was working right and I didn’t have restart the service. (I haven’t take time to downgrade network manager as I figured it would eventually get fixed.) Anyway after I do the update and reboot network manager went back to its previous behavior so I Had to restart the service. This was the Xfce version on a thinkpad t440p. I guess I’ll just downgrade network manager this time around

Worked perfectly fine for me on XFCE.

I’ve been stuck on 4.7 because my wifi refused to work on 4.8. Wifi is now working on 4.8.6_rt5-1. So a nice bonus for me! :grin:

Apparently all went well. Didn’t even have to force the update to ttf-dejavu font either.