We renewed some of our kernels (most of the EOL tagged kernels are now removed), updated nvidia drivers to 367.44, which fixes the black screen bug and released VirtualBox 5.1.4. We ship now KDE Framework 5.25.0, gstreamer 1.8.3, updated Deepin packages and some of our lib32-libraries and released the latest Intel driver.
Most work went into Calamares, which is now at version v2.4-rc1. These are the changes:
- Fixed an issue in the users module which could cause failed installs when entering and then deleting a name (validation kicks in correctly now).
- Fixed Portage dependency management in the packages module (contribution by V3n3RiX).
- Configuration defaults fixes (contribution by Philip Müller).
- Internet connection status is now written into GlobalStorage so it’s available to all modules (the key is “hasInternet”).
- Added support for GeoIP in the locale module, this relies on freegeoip which is open source, and can be used both as a service (freegeoip.net) as well as self-hosted. Geolocation is used to pre-select the timezone (same as Ubiquity). While this feature only performs a single HTTP GET and sends no user data, it has potential privacy implications. We have enabled this feature by default on Manjaro. Maintainer may want to disable it. Simply comment the line in locale.conf.
Archlinux upstream fixes are now from: Wed Aug 24 19:35 CEST 2016.
Please report any issues you may have with this update. Also read our troubleshoots to avoid known issues. Additional it would be good to test one of our preview install medias to check these changes on a fresh install. Detailed package information can be found here.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
Issues with updating MATE
Some users have mate-menu installed from AUR. Please remove this package if you use the GTK2 version of MATE before trying to update. If you have a different issue with updating, please post.
LibreOffice and GTK3
LibreOffice might be broken on gtk-based Desktop Environments. Workaround would be to force a look to Libreoffice by editing
/etc/profile.d/libreoffice*sh. We recommend to uncomment
SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk. Our KDE edition isn’t affected by this issue.
With this we updated Gnome and GTK to 3.20. This will break most of the themes, which will be fixed if and when their developers decide to update them. Some GTK 3.20-compliant themes are ready now - see further down this post.
The new default Manjaro GTK theme, which is GTK 3.20 compatible, is Vertex-Maia
You can install it with:
sudo pacman -Sy vertex-maia-themes vertex-maia-icon-theme xcursor-maia
KDE users should default to Maia theme:
sudo pacman -Sy maia-icon-theme gtk-theme-maia plasma5-themes-maia xcursor-maia
QT apps style with GTK - only needed for non-KDE desktop environments!
With QT 5.7 you need to install qt5-styleplugins and qt5ct and configure your system to have an unified look again.
If you have issues with ufw not working anymore, you have to copy your custom rules to a different folder. Do it like this:
sudo cp -v /usr/lib/ufw/user.rules.pacsave /etc/ufw/user.rules sudo cp -v /usr/lib/ufw/user6.rules.pacsave /etc/ufw/user6.rules
Steam might not work due incompatiblity of libgpg. You my try followed command to “fix” it:
find ~/.steam/root/ \( -name "libgcc_s.so*" -o -name "libstdc++.so*" -o -name "libxcb.so*" -o -name "libgpg-error.so*" \) -print -delete
find ~/.local/share/Steam/ \( -name "libgcc_s.so*" -o -name "libstdc++.so*" -o -name "libxcb.so*" -o -name "libgpg-error.so*" \) -print -delete
Reference: Archlinux wiki
Did you experience any issue with this update?
- No issues, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Current supported kernels
- Linux310 3.10.102
- Linux312 3.12.62
- Linux314 3.14.77
- Linux316 3.16.37
- Linux318 3.18.40
- Linux41 4.1.31
- Linux44 4.4.19
- Linux46 4.6.7 [EOL]
- Linux47 4.7.2
- Linux-RT-LTS 4.4.17_rt25
- Linux-RT 4.6.7_rt11
- community i686: 273 new and 246 removed package(s)
- community x86_64: 311 new and 282 removed package(s)
- core i686: 43 new and 46 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 43 new and 46 removed package(s)
- extra i686: 331 new and 385 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 331 new and 385 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 30 new and 19 removed package(s)