[Stable-Staging Update] 2021-09-23 - Kernels, Nvidia, Mesa, ZFS, NetworkManager, Pipewire, LibreOffice

Hello community,

Another stable-staging branch update with some usual updates for you.

Don’t miss out on 15% discount on all of our merch

• Most of our Kernels got updated. Note: 5.13 series is now marked EOL
  • Nvidia got updated to 470.74. See also Gsync regression.
  • Mesa got renewed to 21.2.2
  • ZFS is now at 2.1.1
  • NetworkManager is at 1.32.12
  • Regular KDE-git updates
  • Another beta release of Firefox got added
  • Pipewire is now at 0.3.36
  • The current version of LibreOffice is now at 7.2.1
  • rhvoice got added
  • gstreamer is now at 1.18.5
  • KDE Frameworks got updated to 5.86.0, which brings enhancements to Wayland-Support for Nvidia drivers
  • Other regular upstream updates

Get our latest daily developer images now from Github: Plasma, Gnome, XFCE. You get the latest stable releases of Manjaro from CDN77.

Our current supported kernels

• linux44 4.4.284
  • linux49 4.9.283
  • linux414 4.14.247
  • linux419 4.19.207
  • linux54 5.4.148
  • linux510 5.10.68
  • linux512 5.12.19 [EOL]
  • linux513 5.13.19 [EOL]
  • linux514 5.14.7
  • linux515 5.15-rc2
  • linux510-rt 5.10.52_rt47

Package Updates (Thu Sep 23 11:31:52 CEST 2021)

A list of all package changes may be found here

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

Check if your mirror has already synced:

2 Likes

I’m Afrikaans, so that’d be…interesting.
(Wors translates to sausage from Afrikaans…)

However, I suspect you mean KDE Frameworks :wink:

5 Likes

Whats the difference between “Stable” And "Stable-Staging?

I’m on Stable but I also get Stable-Staging

Stable-Staging is like Unstable branch. We as developers use it as a repo we can change packages last minute before snapping them over to Stable or Testing branch. Currently it is a combined update of three Testing branch updates.

One of the current discussions we have is to ship or not to ship 470.74 Nvidia drivers.

1 Like

But if Stable-Staging is like Unstable then I don’t want it if I’m on Stable

So why do I get Stable-Staging when I’m on Stable??

not possible ! we have stable or stage-staging or testing or unstable, 2 is not possible
for check branch: run:

pacman-conf -r core

branch is in all url , for example:
Server = https://manjaro.moson.eu/stable/core/x86_64
or :
Server = https://manjaro.moson.eu/stable-staging/core/x86_64
or :
Server = https://manjaro.moson.eu/testing/core/x86_64

for change branch : use pacman-mirrors (view wiki or man)
ps: exists also pacman-mirrors -G

If you’re on the Stable branch you will get this update maybe this Weekend. Unstable branch users got it 5 days ago and Testing yesterday. Depending on which branch you are you may get updates faster. It’s called rolling release. Arch-Stable > Manjaro Unstable > Manjaro Testing > Final Check (Stable-Staging) > Manjaro Stable

3 Likes

I think you misunderstand the concept of Stable-Staging. It just means “this is the Stable update and it is basically finished, but will be sent to Testing and Unstable first”. If nothing special happens, then you will get it in Stable too. Think of “Staging” as a “Release Candidate”.

1 Like

We added Stable-Staging to our 3 layer concept as on Testing we found issues with downgrading packages. So in this branch we do downgrades as needed before we do the Stable snap. There are rare occasions that we use Stable-Staging to prepare a Testing snap. Unstable we sync directly from Arch and build our packages against it.

This is just the notification of an update, not the actual update itself. You don’t get the update if you’re on the Stable branch, like me.

Edit:
And you get the notification because you used the forum. That’s all. There’ll be a notification for Stable as well and there was one for Unstable as well.

1 Like

Or like me because I use the “RSS News Feed”. :wink:

1 Like

Nvidia drivers got downgraded to 470.63.01 release.

For the news feed I only get Stable. Makes sure I don’t accidentally miss it or something.

But as I noticed you (Manjaro Team) do not always follow this release flow.
Or am I wrong?