[Stable Staging Update] 2021-05-13 - Nvidia, Kernels, KDE Frameworks, Plasma, Systemd, Mesa, LibreOffice, KDE Gear Mobile, FF, TB

systemd got downgraded to 247.7. Please test and confirm.

No, im just nat able to use some of the new features of systemd 248, like enrolling backup keys into luks
and that problem seems to be rather specific to the way arch(derivates) compile their packages, as other distros like fedora arent hit by this

I found out something interesting about my graphical glitches issue after this update. I find that when I prevent mesa from updating by adding

IgnorePkg = lib32-libva-mesa-driver lib32-mesa lib32-mesa-vdpau lib32-vulkan-mesa-layers libva-mesa-driver mesa mesa-vdpau vulkan-mesa-layers

to pacman.conf, after the partial update the issues with the flickering text are gone and the graphics are a bit better. However, the shifted to the left context menu remains but there is no more text flickering. So I think there is an issue with mesa as well as with the newest plasma.

Relevant Bug Reports:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/70554

Thx for pointing that issue out to me. I’ll downgrade to 20.0.3 for now, until upstream has some fixes for it. Also 21.1.0 is not good to be used anyway, as it is tagged as development version …

1 Like

I had some issues with the downgrade of mesa. Let’s see if it works now. 21.0.5 testings are still ongoing.

Current 21.0.5 Review ISOs are now ready for final testing.

1 Like

Hi philm,

Gnome shell is still 3.38 version in the 21.0.5 ISO. Is Gnome shell 40 planned for Manjaro 21.1.0 ? And when Manjaro 21.1.0 will be released ?

Thank you for your answers.

@AlanP

All info about Gnome 40 can be found in this thread:

I have the same problem. How did you solve it? You added three dots in your last command, is there anything else to install?