here is another Stable/Security Update.
Mozilla Firefox 74 aims for more security. The headline change in Firefox 74 is the use of DNS over HTTPS by default for users in the USA.
- A privacy-minded feature, DNS over HTTPS encrypts all DNS requests made in Firefox 74 (requests which are normally done ‘in the open’). This helps prevent people snooping on internet traffic from discerning detail about the requests being made.
- Firefox 74 defaults to Cloudflare as the DNS resolver but users are able switch to NextDNS through the Preferences > Network Settings dialog.
- On the subject of privacy, Firefox 74 also (apparently) makes a dedicated Facebook Container available. Like other ‘containers’ the browser offers fwiw — this aim is to insulate and isolate web activity from pervasive online trackers, in this instance Facebook.
- Finally, be aware that Firefox 74 disables TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. Sites which do not support TLS 1.2 will error out when loaded in the browser.
If you like following latest Plasma development you may also like to check out our current version of manjaro-kde-dev, which we build on a regular basis against kde-git master packages. Also check out our current 19.0.2 ISOs and give us the needed feedback. You might also want to give our latest spin with NX-Desktop a try ...
As always we appreciate your input and feedback for the updates.
Arch updated their default compression to zstd. We adopted to the same standard. More and more packages will have the
zst extension from now on. If you get for what ever reason an error with ZSTD not supported as archive format you can do this:
wget https://pkgbuild.com/~eschwartz/repo/x86_64-extracted/pacman-static chmod +x pacman-static sudo ./pacman-static -Syyu
Our current supported kernels
- linux316 3.16.82
- linux44 4.4.215
- linux49 4.9.215
- linux414 4.14.172
- linux419 4.19.107
- linux54 5.4.23
- linux55 5.5.7
- linux56 5.6-rc3
- linux419-rt 4.19.106_rt44
- linux54-rt 5.4.22_rt13
Package Changes (Sun Mar 1 13:56:58 CET 2020)
- stable extra x86_64: 97 new and 0 removed package(s)
A detailed list of all package changes of our last update can be reviewed here.
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: