[Stable Review] 2018-05-05 - Kernels, Plasma5, Nvidia, Mesa, GlibC, Firefox, Deepin

Hi Team and Community,

I’m almost sure to be ready for another stable update. Please review our current package-set and let me know.

• Current package-set is ready for a stable release
  • I still see some issues (post about them)

0 voters

Links:

The only trouble I had was a message related to a missing db.lck file when using pamac to apply this upgrade.

This is normal. Check the second fix again (line 50):

Besides this and this warning, nothing to notice. I tested in a VM with manjaro, and upgrade went well.

On my laptop - Intel T4200 + intel GPU - which is using manjaro testing, everything goes well, besides js52 fix on saturday morning. So far, so good.

Be aware that starting with Samba 4.8.0-1 and following, smbd and nmbd services will be renamed to smb and nmb instead. Dunno why such a change was needed, but whatever.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Samba#Starting_services

Spanning the last three [non-contiguous; 2018-05-01, 2018-05-03 and 2018-05-05] Testing Updates i did in my Manjaro Testing VM, i had & reported issues with:

1. A Samba permissions fault … [Testing Update] 2018-05-01 - BFQ Scheduler (v4.16, v4.17), Vulkan, Hyper and [Testing Update] 2018-05-05 - RT-Kernels, Nvidia 390xx, Firefox Dev, MHWD respectively.
  2. Timeshift GUI no longer launching from the Application Menu without manually intervening via kdesu in an edited launcher command. [Testing Update] 2018-05-01 - BFQ Scheduler (v4.16, v4.17), Vulkan, Hyper and [Testing Update] 2018-05-03 - Kernels, Mesa v18.0.2, Nvidia v396.24 and [Testing Update] 2018-05-03 - Kernels, Mesa v18.0.2, Nvidia v396.24. Given that both my KDE Stable & KDE Testing have the identical Timeshift version, v18.4-1, clearly the problem does not lie with that package itself, but something else currently different between KDE in Testing 2018-05-05 and Stable 2018-04-28.

I’ve not noticed any issues on my test system, running XFCE.

I say push the big red button and see what happens :grin:

Made another test on an experimental install (XFCE) and the update ends with:

Checking inter-conflicts...
Error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/js52-52.7.3-1/files: No such file or directory
Warning: could not fully load metadata for package js52-52.7.3-1

From Pamac was impossible to reintall the js52 package, but once reinstalled from terminal:
sudo pacman -S js52
the update went well. A fix for this for the stable branch is definitely needed!

We shouldnt do that:

pacman --noconfirm -S js52

My js52 was currupted so pacman couldnt install it and pacman also couldnt update manjaro-system. The same happens if you lose internet connection right after manjaro-system was updated, but js52 is not downloaded.

We should really think about situations like this and try to find a more clean solution.

I have the exact same issue with Timeshift. as @kdemeoz. I think this should be investigated and hopefully corrected before the next Stable update.

As commented in the update thread

libaio got updated to 0.3.111-1 but lib32-libaio did not and still lists as dependency ‘libaio=0.3.110-1’

new version of manjaro-system ready to testing … just now in testing …

Timeshift issue affect only plasma User?

Info:
Timeshift in Deepin testing and Xfce unstable starts normal.

Confirmed. Timeshift in XFCE no issues.

yes, it doesn’t open here

Already pushed to stable, after some additional fixes :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.