#Manjaro LXQt “Ice” 16.05 released
This monthly maintenance ISO is aimed to allow users a “true” (see Notes) experience of this modern desktop. LXQt is one of the lighter desktops (written in QT5 and based on Openbox) for those who seek speed or have older computers with limited resources, but is still very complete.
Last Manjaro-Tools (0.11.6) and stable repositories were used. 32 bits is CD-sized and needs 300 MB for installation with Calamares.
- kernel 4.4.11 LTS, Manjaro settings manager, sddm, plymouth, octopi, compton, plank (64 bits)
- pcmanfm-qt, gimp, lximage-qt
- firefox(64) or otter-browser(32), hexchat, transmission-qt
- abiword, qpdfview, gnumeric(64), leafpad
- mpv, smplayer(mpv based), clementine qt5. 32 -> qastools, 64 -> pulseaudio and pavucontrol
- gparted, qisousb, lxtask, xsensors
- multilib enabled (64)
- capture tool + key Print Screen configured for taking screenshots (also with Alt or Shift)
- xscreensaver (64) or i3lock-shiver (32)
- nonfree drivers (64)
- AUR support
This release comes with our advanced graphical installer Calamares as well as our CLI-installer
Many efforts have been done to avoid:
- Kde tools (too heavy)
- Qt4 (obsolete)
- python2 (obsolete)
- mplayer/mplayer2 (obsolete, replaced by mpv)
So, a few utikities have been specialled developped:
- clementine-lqxt (to avoid Qt4)
- smplayer-lxqt (to avoid mplayer)
Other tools, themes, icons are available in manjaro-lxqt repository (maintained only by the community).