Problem with GTA San Andreas

Hello.

So I recently moved from Windows 10 to Manjaro Xfce and I had a lot of fun on it. It was about time for me to start playing the games I used to play on Windows and so I recently backed up my GTA San Andreas to play it (keep in mind it’s not on Steam) and found out that it can be ran with Wine. I tried Wine and I’m having a literal pain in the ass running the game. The game is fully installed with no problems and kt ran flawlessly on Windows 7/10 but on Wine for some reason everytime I open it with the Wine Program Manager it opens up then crashes immediately doesn’t even show the beginning. It’s just black screen and that’s it. I’ve tried multiple things but none of them worked. And I decided to open it on terminal to see the problems and it came up with this:

0024:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:337:(snd_dlobj_cache_get0) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so (libpulse.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:337:(snd_dlobj_cache_get0) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so (libpulse.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
0074:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0x4a7908, 0): stub
0074:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (00010020, 004A7908): stub
0024:fixme:imm:ImeSetActiveContext (0x25e4b0, 1): stub
0024:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (00010054, 0025E4B0): stub

Can someone please help me with problem it’s giving me pain and I can’t find a solution anywhere.

NOTE: My PC is pretty old too and I’m very new to Linux so please explain carefully the steps for me.

Thank you.

Seems it failed to open a file.
libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so is part of alsa-plugins (or lib32-alsa-plugins) package.
Are those present on your system?

To look for the files themselves:

$ find /usr/ -iname libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so 2>/dev/null
/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
/usr/lib32/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

To check for packages:

$ pacman -Qs alsa-plugins
local/alsa-plugins 1:1.2.6-1
    Additional ALSA plugins
local/lib32-alsa-plugins 1.2.6-1
    Additional ALSA plugins (32-bit)

I’m not sure. How do I check or install them?

I tried the "check for packages one and it said:

Edit:

I did it and it typed some stuff then said

bash: local/alsa-plugins: No such file or directory
bash: Additional: command not found
bash: local/lib32-alsa-plugins: No such file or directory
bash: syntax error near unexpected token ` ( ’

I’m really sorry if it takes a while for me to understand it’s just that I’m new to it.

Only the one/first line after the $ (prompt) is the actual command.
The rest is the output the command produced on my system (for reference).

Check my edit.

You can either use the GUI program Pamac called Add/Remove Software, search for alsa-plugins and install both alsa-plugins and lib32-alsa-plugins or if you want to use the terminal you should just have to type

sudo pacman -S alsa-plugins lib32-alsa-plugins

FYI There are Wine helper programs, like Lutris PlayonLinux and the paid for Crossover by Codeweavers which could help you set up your games and wine environments. You may want to look into them.

I actually have both of them installed after checking the Add/Remove software.

Are there any other solutions?

Tried both. PlayOnLinux requires an installer of the game which I don’t own. And Lutrius also doesn’t work.

You gave no information. You installed alsa-plugins

did you try to run it again? What did it say if it didn’t run?

No they were already installed I just found out.

Still doesn’t work. Launches to a black screen then crashes.

Have you tried running it with steam and proton? You can add non-steam games to steam and try and run them with Proton. Games/Add non-steam game

I haven’t tried the Steam Play feature yet because I thought it’s only to the games you buy.

Are you sure it works with Non-Steam games tho?

YES it works

We don’t support piracy here. Closing and unlisting.