Spotify-launcher missing libayatana-appindicator3.so.1

Spotify app doesn’t start. Missing libayatana-appindicator3.so.1. Here is terminal output:

spotify-launcher                                                               ✔  3s  
[2023-09-11T16:29:30Z INFO  spotify_launcher::config] Loading configuration file at "/etc/spotify-launcher.conf"
[2023-09-11T16:29:30Z INFO  spotify_launcher] No update needed
spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libayatana-appindicator3.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have libappindicator-gtk3 installed and have no idea what I should do next.

It is not part of libappindicator-gtk3, but part of libayatana-appindicator :wink:

1 Like

I can’t neither reproduce the issue with spotify-launcher 0.5.1-1 on the stable branch nor 0.5.1-2 on the unstable branch. Are you fully up to date?

Indeed. Thing is, spotify-launcher already depends on it.

Please copy and paste terminal output using preformatted text instead of uploading screenshots of text.

Each image uploaded to the server makes forum database backups larger. Search engines cannot read screenshots and one cannot copy and paste from them without an OCR program.

Please edit your post accordingly.

Yes I am.

Done, it works.

Ok.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.