Splash bootsplash Plymouth sequence

Is this the right sequence? What goes first? What goes before SDDM and after it?

Does Plymouth need to be installed to show splash?
Is this welcome screen in Plasma settings a Plymouth or bootsplash?

I want to put this Manjaro background right after system start, before SDDM, without spinning wheels or flashing dots. Do I need adjust resolution? Currently it is 800x600 and I use 1440x900 screen.

I don’t want to see grub options.

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information.
  1. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
sudo inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

Have you already :mag: for your problem in the forum ? (Wisdom lies in reading :wink: )

No offense but are you serious? I asked a simple question. Gathering all information with this command is not necessary to answer my question. I use Manjaro and Plasma and

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet udev.log_priority=3"

Yes, I read older posts but not found explicit answer to my question about the sequence. Also I noticed that no one asked for the output of this command in similar posts.

you are not asking support for manjaro, you are asking support for individual configuration. If someone asks you to provide system information so that possible helpers can know more about your setup i would advice you to do so, to receive support that really is not directly related to manjaro.

ps. your linked image is completely black for me.

Please, disregard this question. I’ve already found the solution.

Which was? Please share with the rest of the class. Please see the Forum Rules: Life is a Two Way Street

3 Likes

It was the grub background that I wanted to show:

cat /etc/default/grub
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="Manjaro"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet udev.log_priority=3"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Set to 'countdown' or 'hidden' to change timeout behavior,
# press ESC key to display menu.
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden

# Uncomment one of them for the gfx desired, a image background or a gfxtheme
GRUB_BACKGROUND="/usr/share/grub/background.png"
#GRUB_THEME="/usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt"

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.