Speakers not working on HP omen DH0137tx

I disabled the fast boot still speakers are not detected.

but it’s one possible failure less.

question: if you plug in a headphone. is the headphone detected and working ?

if I plug in 3.5mm jack then it doesn’t work, but with usb headset and bluetooth headset it’s working fine.

usb-headset and bluetooth are connections that do not rely on the speaker/headphone-jack.

question: have you ever edited the grub-file and updated grub ? we could test something.

No, it’s fresh install

okay, please check something else first. boot into the live-iso of manjaro and test if the audio works in the live-iso.
if so open a terminal and run the following command

inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width > /tmp/inxi_man.txt

use a usb-stick and copy the file /tmp/inxi_man.txt to store it.
if succesful we can check if there are different audio-settings between live-manjaro and the installed system.

on live-ios also it didn’t work

but it works on windows 11 ?

No, there also it doesn’t work. I tried installing driver but it gives BSOD but after restart it works for 1-2 hours and then stops working. So I thought let’s use manjaro and check if it works there. 1 year back also I had audio issue on manjaro and I used to do below things and it’s start working.

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/audiofix.conf

options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0
options snd-hda-intel model=laptop-amic enable=yes

save and reboot

But with this also it doesn’t work. Are my speakers dead ? );

well at least i would check the hardware first. i would suggest that they should run at least with windows 11 but they don’t. that could be a lot, a loosen connection or something else.

Could be hardware issue but one thing I don’t understand why it’s works after getting bsod or fresh windows 11 install

where is it working ? you write that even then it does stop working after 1-2 hours. This is not working !
and btw. you should have given this information right from the beginning that it had been just hardware testing of a propably and obviously broken hardware. so it was just wasted time.

Sorry I didn’t provided that info before. I’m just curious if it is a hardware issue so how it’s work for 1-2 hours and then stops

Should I do this by reinstalling windows 11 and once the audio is working I will live boot into manjaro and there also audio should work and then we can get the temp file and compare OR it’s confirmed it’s hardware issue only?

Even though the fact that your audio doesn’t work in Win is worrying (updated Bios?) I’ve found instructions to get audio working on Arch based distros for this exact model:

sudo pacman -S sof-firmware
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

and add/paste this:

blacklist snd_soc_skl
blacklist snd_hda_intel

Reboot.
[GUIDE] How to install Arch-Based Linux (EndeavourOS) on OME... - HP Support Community - 7837191 .
Edit: Needless to say; if this does not work reverse the changes.

Yes I recently updated BIOS, latest BIOS was released on 6 Aug and I’m not sure but I remember I noticed this audio issue after I updated BIOS in april, i’m not sure if that BIOS update spoiled it or not.

I will try your suggestions and let you know.

Didn’t work );

The modprobe option dmic_detect=0 did not work the last time you tried it in Aug 2020 because option had been deprecated and replaced

$ modinfo snd-hda-intel | grep dmic
parm:           dmic_detect:Allow DSP driver selection (bypass this driver) (0=off, 1=on) (default=1); deprecated, use snd-intel-dspcfg.dsp_driver option instead (bool)
$ modinfo snd-intel-dspcfg | grep dsp_driver
parm:           dsp_driver:Force the DSP driver for Intel DSP (0=auto, 1=legacy, 2=SST, 3=SOF) (int)

Changing the modprobe option was confirmed to work in a later post:

But snd_hda_intel driver does not support integrated dual array digital microphone

I tried changing it but it doesn’t work. I noticed one thing from old post.

before driver was snd-hd-intel

OLD info.

Audio:     Device-1: Intel Cannon Lake PCH cAVS vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: snd_hda_intel 
           v: kernel bus ID: 00:1f.3 chip ID: 8086:a348 
           Device-2: NVIDIA TU106 High Definition Audio vendor: Hewlett-Packard 
           driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 01:00.1 chip ID: 10de:10f9 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.8.0-2-MANJARO 

but now it’s different.

CURRENT INFO.

Device-1: Intel Cannon Lake PCH cAVS vendor: Hewlett-Packard
    driver: sof-audio-pci-intel-cnl alternate: snd_hda_intel, snd_soc_skl,
    snd_sof_pci_intel_cnl bus-ID: 00:1f.3 chip-ID: 8086:a348 class-ID: 0401

inxi has been updated recently to show more information, including alternate drivers

Sound Open Firmware driver sof-audio-pci-intel-cnl would be preferred over snd_hda_intel because it supports integrated dual array digital microphone