Sound not working clean Manjaro gnome 21.0.4

Clean install Manjaro gnome 21.0.4 no sound, but same PC has sound with manjaro previos version and updates, from two years to yesterday, today only Dummy Output

I tried changing the kernel to lastest , but that did not work, i update de bios but dont work.

inxi -Fazy ξ‚² :heavy_check_mark:
Kernel: 5.12.1-2-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0
parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.12-x86_64
root=UUID=7274c44a-93a1-4adc-b8e1-7855574fa1db rw quiet splash apparmor=1
security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3
Desktop: GNOME 3.38.4 tk: GTK 3.24.29 wm: gnome-shell dm: GDM 40.0
Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux
Type: Desktop Mobo: Micro-Star model: A320M PRO-M2 (MS-7B84) v: 1.0
serial: UEFI: American Megatrends v: 1.50 date: 01/28/2019
Info: Dual Core model: AMD A6-9500 RADEON R5 8 COMPUTE CORES 2C+6G bits: 64
type: MCP arch: Excavator family: 15 (21) model-id: 65 (101) stepping: 1
microcode: 600611A cache: L2: 1024 KiB
flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm
bogomips: 14004
Speed: 1399 MHz min/max: 1400/3500 MHz boost: enabled Core speeds (MHz):
1: 1399 2: 1813
Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: Not affected
Type: l1tf status: Not affected
Type: mds status: Not affected
Type: meltdown status: Not affected
Type: spec_store_bypass
mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp
Type: spectre_v1
mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization
Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Full AMD retpoline, IBPB: conditional, STIBP:
disabled, RSB filling
Type: srbds status: Not affected
Type: tsx_async_abort status: Not affected
Device-1: AMD Wani [Radeon R5/R6/R7 Graphics] vendor: Micro-Star MSI
driver: amdgpu v: kernel bus-ID: 00:01.0 chip-ID: 1002:9874 class-ID: 0300
Display: wayland server: 1.20.11 compositor: gnome-shell driver:
loaded: amdgpu note: n/a (using device driver) - try sudo/root display-ID: 0
resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo>
OpenGL: renderer: AMD CARRIZO (DRM 3.40.0 5.12.1-2-MANJARO LLVM 11.1.0)
v: 4.6 Mesa 21.0.3 direct render: Yes
Device-1: AMD Kabini HDMI/DP Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI
driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus-ID: 00:01.1 chip-ID: 1002:9840
class-ID: 0403
Device-2: AMD Family 15h Audio vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: snd_hda_intel
v: kernel bus-ID: 00:09.2 chip-ID: 1022:157a class-ID: 0403
Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.12.1-2-MANJARO running: yes
Sound Server-2: JACK v: 0.125.0 running: no
Sound Server-3: PulseAudio v: 14.2 running: yes
Sound Server-4: PipeWire v: 0.3.26 running: no
Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: r8169 v: kernel port: e000 bus-ID: 1b:00.0
chip-ID: 10ec:8168 class-ID: 0200
IF: enp27s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac:
Device-2: Realtek RTL8192CU 802.11n WLAN Adapter type: USB driver: rtl8192cu
bus-ID: 2-3:2 chip-ID: 0bda:8178 class-ID: 0000 serial:
IF: wlp0s16u3 state: up mac:
Device-3: KYE Systems (Mouse Systems) GF3000F Ethernet Adapter type: USB
driver: hid-generic,usbhid bus-ID: 4-5:3 chip-ID: 0458:6001 class-ID: 0301
Local Storage: total: 931.51 GiB used: 89.82 GiB (9.6%)
SMART Message: Required tool smartctl not installed. Check --recommends
ID-1: /dev/sda maj-min: 8:0 vendor: Western Digital model: WD10EZEX-08WN4A0
size: 931.51 GiB block-size: physical: 4096 B logical: 512 B speed: 6.0 Gb/s
rotation: 7200 rpm serial: rev: 1A02 scheme: GPT
ID-1: / raw-size: 243.93 GiB size: 239.04 GiB (98.00%) used: 9.07 GiB (3.8%)
fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda4 maj-min: 8:4
ID-2: /boot/efi raw-size: 465 MiB size: 464.1 MiB (99.80%)
used: 296 KiB (0.1%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/sda3 maj-min: 8:3
ID-3: /home raw-size: 681.27 GiB size: 669.57 GiB (98.28%)
used: 80.76 GiB (12.1%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1 maj-min: 8:1
Kernel: swappiness: 60 (default) cache-pressure: 100 (default)
ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 5.86 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) priority: -2
dev: /dev/sda2 maj-min: 8:2
System Temperatures: cpu: 34.2 C mobo: N/A gpu: amdgpu temp: 34.0 C
Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Processes: 222 Uptime: 2m wakeups: 0 Memory: 3.77 GiB used: 1.33 GiB (35.3%)
Init: systemd v: 247 tool: systemctl Compilers: gcc: 10.2.0 Packages:
pacman: 1198 lib: 322 flatpak: 0 Shell: Zsh v: 5.8
running-in: gnome-terminal inxi: 3.3.04

sudo dmesg | egrep -i β€˜(snd|sof|alsa|hda)’ ξ‚² :heavy_check_mark:
[sudo] password for russell:
[ 0.268670] pps_core: Software ver. 5.3.6 - Copyright 2005-2007 Rodolfo Giometti
[ 7.302945] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:01.1: Force to non-snoop mode
[ 7.303163] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:09.2: enabling device (0004 β†’ 0006)
[ 7.330875] input: HDA ATI HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=3 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.1/sound/card0/input4
[ 7.330923] input: HDA ATI HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=7 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.1/sound/card0/input5
[ 7.330962] input: HDA ATI HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=8 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.1/sound/card0/input6
[ 7.394411] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: autoconfig for ALC887-VD: line_outs=1 (0x14/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0) type:line
[ 7.394418] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: speaker_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
[ 7.394420] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: hp_outs=1 (0x1b/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
[ 7.394423] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: mono: mono_out=0x0
[ 7.394424] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: inputs:
[ 7.394425] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: Front Mic=0x19
[ 7.394427] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: Rear Mic=0x18
[ 7.394428] snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: Line=0x1a
[ 8.136601] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:01.1: bound 0000:00:01.0 (ops amdgpu_dm_audio_component_bind_ops [amdgpu])

Hello @Mirkilin :wink:

Maybe simple thing: Try to change the profile at pavucontrol.

1 Like

Disable the sound card on bios, reboot. then reboot an enable again and Work!!

i don’t understand why, but work, close the topic.