I can't install ANYTHING inside of PacMan using the CLI but the add/remove store works

Just like the title says, I can use the store but that’s because I changed my store to use the united_states mirror. Whenever I use the CLI to install anything utilizing pacman I get an error of "error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))". Ive tried so many methods to fix and nothing works

Hi @invis1ble, and welcome!

Now, where are you? I can’t see you.

OK, seriously. Pacman is Arch. And, while Manjaro’s routes are in Arch, it’s not Arch. And Manjaro’s package manager isn’t pacman, it’s pamac. That’s, I think, there’s a difference.

Try using pamac from the command line as well. It should work. In theory.

To install something from the repositories:

pamac install <package_name>

To install something from the AUR:

pamac build <package_name>

Where <package_name> is replaced with the name of the package you wish to install.

1 Like

Still, my issue is pacman is broken. It was find a few days ago

Things change. I don’t doubt you, but things do change. Try the pamac commands. They’re better for Manjaro anyway.

1 Like

I don’t know what one could it.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Pacman-mirrors

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. Please also provide the output to:

pamac install cowsay
    cowsay OK

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time

This should be accompanied by a question if you want to remove the package from the cache folder. Press yes to that.

If it didn’t, you could try the following and see if that works:

• sudo pacman -Syyu to redownload the databases.

or

• sudo pacman -Scc to clean the entire pacman cache (can also save alot of space).
2 Likes