Some drivers randomly not initializing on startup

I’m not sure where exactly this problem should go this is most likely the wrong tag for it, I’m currently just looking for a hint on what exactly the issue is, before I even start looking for a solution.

Specs: 2017 Macbook Pro, 13", dual booting Windows 10 and Manjaro KDE, I can post the full specs if needed, but I forget the command to list drivers.
Problem: Backstory first, this particular model of Macbook has audio issues that are only fixed with a currently unsupported driver, installed via .sh file, https://github.com/davidjo/snd_hda_macbookpro. This driver works, but only occasionally. I have to do several restarts/shutdowns before it actually decides to work. If I do a cold boot (ex. shut down from Windows, start up into linux) it almost never decides to start, however if I do a restart (Linux->Linux restart, not Windows->Linux restart) it will work. The touchpad however is almost the exact opposite, and is even more weird. If I do a cold boot (Windows->Linux shutdown) it always works. However, if I do a restart (any kind of restart), it never works, UNLESS I press the touchpad button a few times after the Grub window.

I do not have any information further than this, I know I should be checking logs, seeing if the drivers are listed, and other things, but I don’t even know where to start looking. Any tips would be appreciated.

Update: The problem randomly fixed itself and I have no idea why. I didn’t update anything, I didn’t change anything. It just disappeared…

Further Update: The problems come and go completely at random, but switching to reFind boot manager has solved almost all issues.