[Solved] Yakuake fails to open after latest stable update

Note: The manjaro forums prohibited me from posting in the stable update thread (probably because my account is too new, so I'm posting here)

After running pacman -Syu (in accordance with this stable update) and restarting, Yakuake (the dropdown terminal) fails to open. Specifically, what happens is that it appears for a very brief moment but then closes out immediately afterwards. The strange thing is that Yakuake didn't appear on the list of updated software this time around, so I'm not sure what broke. Any debugging tips?

Manjaro Version: 18.0.4 Illyria with
Kernel Version: x86_64 Linux 4.14.134-1-MANJARO

It could simply be that you're holding the hotkey ─ normally that would be F12 ─ too long, or that you're double-pressing it. I use Yakuake all the time and I'm not having any problems with it.

One thing you could try is open up the System Settings, navigate to Hardware/Input Devices, select Keyboard, and then increase the delay and decrease the repeat rate.

Run it from konsole to see if there are any error messages:

killall yakuake
yakuake

Report any errors please.
Perhaps remove it's config:

mv /home/steve/.config/yakuakerc /home/steve/.config/yakuakerc-bak
1 Like

Hi, the issue somehow resolved itself after a couple restarts. Sorry to bother you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark