This question has already been on forum.xfce.org (not answered), sorry for duplicating
I'm running Manjaro 18.1.1 / Xfce 4.14, on a Thinkpad E580.
Everything's nice and sexy when the laptop is "alone". Love it !
Problem's comes when I plug the Lenovo docking station (USB-C) with two 27'' screens connected to it.
To get the desktop I want, (3 screens in a row), I need to
- select "Extend to the right" in the xfce4-display-settings -m that (most of the time) automatically pops up when I plug the dock
- go to "advanced", where only the two 27'' screens are visible
- set / unset the "Mirror display" check box to get the 3 screens visible (I keep laptop screen as primary)
- hit "Apply" and "Close"
It then works great.
But, I thought I could save this profile in the "advanced" tab, but
- the profile name I try to save doesn't show in the list (but it does exist, as if I try to re-define a new profile with the same name, I tells me "A profile with the same name already exist").
- of course, the profile should be "automatically enabled when display is connected", but doesn't.
Any suggestion is welcome !