[SOLVED] rofimenu catagories not displayed on BSPWM

Hi,

I have recently noticed that my rofimenu on BSPWM isn't showing the categories as it did originally (see image), I do not use it a lot so I'm not 100% sure when it happened, however when I noticed it I restored my original backup and performed an update, afterwards the issue appeared again, so I assume that it has something to do with an update

I haven't made any changes to rofi or any related files and regular rofi (using Mod key still brings up rofi as normal)

I am also unsure on how to generate or view error logs for this, if you could point me in the right direction for this, I will investigate further

Thank you
2019-07-08-105125_1920x1080_scrot

There was a rofi update that changed the syntax. After that there was a rofimenu update to address the issue, but it seems not to have yet resolved the issue.

@kainonergon might be able to help with this

2 Likes

I fixed the issue with rofi theme change, but it automatically applies only to newly installed rofimenu package. It is needed to delete old rofimenu theme if it has been already installed. So you need to remove files from ~/.config/rofimenu

3 Likes

Hi,
That's great! Thank you

I deleted the files in rofimenu/ and executed rofimenu which automatically generated the config files and it works again.

1 Like

Ok, i did what you suggested, but it did not work for me - but the 2 config files were rebuilt. Then, i changed in rofimenu.rasi the font from "xos4 Terminus 18px" (which seems to be the default) to "Knack Nerd Font 16px" (which was there defaultwise too, but commented out). Then, starting via dmenu rofimenu works correctly.

But rofi-finder.sh still gives a result like in this screenshot: [https://forum.manjaro.org/uploads/default/original/3X/f/2/f2eae09df1cdd41f66b752894cc442d39f62e098.jpeg ] ... (?)

Hi. I think rofi-finder uses some other config file to set font. Maybe @Chrysostomus can help.

I also had this issue at a later date, I solved it by changing the font in rofimenu.rasi, but I can't remember what I changed it too, but if I remember correctly it's something to do with some Pango fonts no longer being supported.

Have you checked that Knack Nerd Font is installed? I'm not sure if it's installed by default as I don't use that font.

If it was not, i wouldn't think changing to this font in rofimenu.rasi would have had any effect. But indeed, it had: rofimenu, which before was displayed with squares instead of letters now appears correctly - with letters and also the icons.

But rofifinder does not?!?

Thanks in any case. I hope so too ... (at least i learned something: i.e. the super key in bspwm does not call rofimenu but rofi-finder :wink: ).

It doesn't. Rofi-finder is super + r. Super is just rofi -show.

~/.config/rofi/config.rasi
~/.config/rofi/*.rasi

1 Like

Yep. I found it out in the meantime by myself: rofi is set in ~/.config/rofi/config.rasi

And TerminessTTF Nerd Font Mono Medium (which you suggested once) does the job as well as Knack Nerd Font.

Dear @Chrysostomus i would like you, since you're "the boss", to decide which fonts and where to put. Did you, for example, add the Knack Nerd Font as a second choice in the rofimenu.rasi?

The new defaults are in /etc/skel. I'm thinking of moving to terminus-font-otb

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark