[SOLVED] NordVPN CLI Client Install

Hello everyone, I just switched over to Manjaro KDE from using Mint for about 2 years yesterday. I’m dual booting with mint right now on a Lenovo X130e and I must say I love it, however I have two problems I need to solve before I can be all set:

1. How do I install the new NordVPN CLI client? I used it in mint but when I read the wiki here I tried the first pamac command and none of the commands after would work, and I don’t know exactly what they are talking about here. [wiki] Install and use NordVPN

2. Broadcom wifi can detect networks, but cannot connect. I have tried installing the broadcom-wl, and broadcom-wl-dkms drivers with no luck, I think my wireless option even disappeared altogether when trying the dkms driver. I need I walk through this driver problem. I’m starting to think I might need a dongle. Thanks and cheers! :).

01:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet (rev c0)

For that, have a look at this wonderful and extensive explanation/fix

That was the first tutorial I tried, I must be doing something wrong. I’ll try again.

Try kernel 4.20 many broadcom adapters have been acting up with some of the recent kernel changes. Reports of improvement on 4.20.

If you can’t get the broadcom-wl driver working properly, then
test the b43 kernel module with the following option.

Create a b43 driver configuration file:

/etc/modprobe.d/b43.conf 

With the following line as the file contents:

options b43 allhwsupport=1

You can delete the configuration file if it brings no improvement.

Thank you, I had a feeling that might be the case. I’ll post the results when I get around to it. Otherwise I don’t mind using a usb adapter.

Now the only other problem is the NordVPN CLI client. It is easy to install it in ubuntu and mint, can anyone make the installation more understandable for me?

Installing a new kernel in Manjaro can be done in minutes through Manjaro Setting Manager. Simply reboot after installation and you should be in kernel 4.20. Do not uninstall k 4.19.

The tutorial you linked to already has the process presented step-by-step with exactly what to type. I don’t think it can be made very much easier than that.

If you have a specific issue, post about it and someone will help.

When I enter the first 3 commands to install the CLI nothing happens, none of the commands are doing anything because the first command worked once and then pulled up some menu in the terminal and i accidentally closed it, and now if I enter that first pamac command again nothing happens. I would just like to know what I did wrong, because none of those steps work now. Thanks.

Ok, thanks for your help everyone, I did a fresh install and found out where I messed up in the install of the Nordvpn CLI. I was not paying attention during the dialog and I pressed the wrong button. I’m still unsure of the wifi driver but I think I just need time to figure it out. I’m liking this community already. :).

UPDATE: PROBLEMS SOLVED. Kernel update did it, kernel 4.20 is compatible with BCM43224. Thanks everyone!