Does Manjaro have systemd?

does manjaro have system d if it does can i choose to not use it i figured i would ask because this is linux and we have choices

1. yes
  2. dunno. But inherent in the power to chose is the responsibility to chose wisely.
1 Like

I think Manjaro doesn’t support removing/replacing systemd. From one of the wiki articles you may have been able to do that, but it says they do not support it anymore. OpenRC, an alternative to systemd - Manjaro Linux

1 Like

thank you i was worried I am not a super tech but the way certian things are goin in linux let me take a look at openrc

OpenRC on Manjaro has been discontinued.

yeeeaaa thats a no iam kind of disapointed

Then Artix Linux might be what you are looking for. It’s Arch based and uses OpenRC. Also Gentoo can use OpenRC.

2 Likes

heart was set on manjaro…i kind of feel a lack of choices this is why i do not like u—tu they act like the apple of linux but hey i am ranting here

Please read the first comment on the linked thread:

One distro trying to support both represents an excessive burden, and prevents specialization, making technical correctness harder.

the question is answered the topic is closed before we get into a pointless discussion

Thank You Bye!