[SOLVED] No Log-out option?

A change has happened (not made by me). I can no longer see a (any) log-out options available in the forum. I have to just kill the tab.

Maybe the forum needs a little tweek? (Jonathon?)

2 Likes

Probably something changed in Discourse, the software this Forum is based on.

After opening the main menu you have to click on your username (on the top left of the menu) for the logout option to appear.

1 Like

If you click your avatar -> username -> logout

1 Like

..click your avatar, the dialog opens, top left is your username, click it, surprise.

Thanks for your replies guys. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the option that I always used to log-out, the one you all mention, that we expect to appear when we click on our avatar/username is (at least in my case) no longer there?

I'm using Waterfox 56.2.13 (64-bit), via the MX distro. Nothing has changed at my end to make this happen?

I can easily live with it. But it ain't right. :slight_smile:

[edit:] Also, I notice that my OP got 2 likes. Why? Is that from 2 other people with the same problem, or is it from 2 people chasing some form of badge?

2 Likes

Yeah, this is a Discourse change.

I don't really understand the rationale for moving it...

6 Likes

Another option for logging out from the Forum - instead of killing the tab - is to use Shift+z two times in a row.

This would mean Shift+z Shift+z.

@jonathon, I agree. It is a step backwards.
Perhaps in a future revision they will counter it?

@bill_t, thanks! That is a really good piece of info' as it is more time/energy efficient.

Grateful to you both. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An idea could be, to make the menu, two toned coloured. so that the selected tab is easier to distinguish from the unselected tabs.

Is this configurable, in the theme/color settings of the forum (referring to the backend)

There isn't any difference in the CSS which can be used to identify the "user" submenu from the others.

Forum kindly sponsored by